Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice

Unread 01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice

Hi ladies
I need some help! I am going to see the doctor tomorrow for my post-op instead of thursday. I called today, and told the nurse that I am in a lot of pain. I just don't know what to think anymore, or do. I was told by the nurse that I should be healed by now. I am so worried that there is something else wrong. I have been resting, resting, resting, and I still hurt horribly.
I have severe stomach cramps just like I did before the surgery, severe pain in vagina. I also am severely bloated again like before. It is weird, it will go down for a day or less, and it comes back with a vengance. It hurts!!!! I am afraid that he is going to tell me that it is all in my head?! My husband is coming with me, and I am afraid that he will have a horrible fit if this doctor tells me there is nothing wrong. I am not even kidding!
This pain that I have almost brings me to tears, I want to clean at least a little bit but the thought of it makes me want to fall to my knees.
I wonder if there is something wrong with my ovaries? I also keep getting hot flashes, I wake up drenched. This doctor doesn't believe in pain medication, no drugs for my depression or anything. What would you guys do?! I am so afraid that this is never going to go away, and I know that this is not all in my head!!!!!
Thanks for reading, and any insight here would help a lot.
Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Re: Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice

Heidi, I hope you get some good answers tomorrow. If not, seek another doctor. The doctor's stance on medication is only ok if it fits with your health needs. Let us know how it goes.
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:47 PM

I too would be leary of any doctor who is absolute for or against HRT. It is so individual. I was still having pain and fatigue where you are in recovery, so don't get too frustrated yet. I was told I was not healed at 8 weeks, so unless your nurse has looked at your cuff and can tell, then she doesn't know what she is talking about.

Good luck - and if you don't like what you hear, look towards your primary for a referral.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 01:50 PM

I would also look for another doctor, second opinion at the very least, if your current doc doesn't want to listen to YOUR needs.
Each person is different and experiences things differently. For one person to generalize and dismiss what you are going through is wrong and bad practice.

Good luck, hope you get some answers.
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM

Thanks guys, I am just sooooooooo tired too! I was also reading on the internet that this could become chronic? The pelvic pain? Please lord, no way!!!! I just want to cry, I am so scared that I will no longer be able to have sex. I am afraid of everything. I guess maybe a good cry would do me some good
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:05 PM

You are not even 4 weeks yet! You should still feel crappy! You should still be tired! You should be frustrated, because you can see the dust bunnies but you are not allowed to corral them! I ORDER you to put on a sappy movie, make a cup of tea and snuggle up on the couch!

My goodness, you are being so hard on yourself, you are no way, no how healed yet. I give you permission to take it easy for at least 3 more weeks!!

Hugs - does that help any???
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the insight That doess help!!! Why did the nurse say I should be healed now?????????? I am on my couch I have the laptop, the tv, and the dogs. LOL. I feel like such a horrible momma too . I have 3 kids that see mom on the couch every day!!!! I know that I am being hard on myself but I am scared. I hurt more than I did before. My husband doesn't help matters either! He told me that I sleep too much!!!! The kick to that is he tells me to lay on the couch and read, watch tv, ect. Who won't fall asleep?
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM

He's worried too. Go look at the milestones, that will remind you that you are still at the beginning. For the first 10 weeks I only judged my progress one week at a time. How are you doing compared to last Monday? If you are worse, then you need to be seen.

As for the nurse, wow. She might just have a mean streak. We've all met people who like to "make light" of our illnesses, to make them look superior.
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:22 PM

I agree, you are still very early in recovery. I am only seven wks, and still find it hard to make it through the day w/ out a nap. You are you, and your body heals differenetly than others. Just b/c someone tells you how you "should" be doing, not at all the case. Don't worry about what others say, take care of your self while you can.
I also agree, if you aren't 110% happy w/ your doc...get another. That is what they get paid to do, fix us and listen to us, it's their job. I hope things go well, and you let us know. Best wishes
Unread 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM

I hope that it goes well tomorrow. Did, or do any of you have a lot of pain or pressure in your vaginal area? Just curious if I am the only one? The nurse is very rude also!!!!!!! If she makes me mad tomorrow, i just may have to tell her where to go

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register