3month post discharge, I'm losing my mind!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3month post discharge, I'm losing my mind!! 3month post discharge, I'm losing my mind!!

Unread 10-19-2009, 03:07 PM
3month post discharge, I'm losing my mind!!

Hey ladies~

I had my TLH on 7/29... exactly 3 months ago tomorrow and I'm still having issues. My surgery was more extensive then my surgeon had anticipated. I needed a complete posterior repair and sphinchterplasty as well as my TLH.

I thought the hard part in recovering was the posterior repair.. but I know better now! My bottom feels great... it's everything else.

I wasn't cleared for sex at 6 weeks due to the heavy repairs he did. It was then put off for another 2 weeks due to pain.

Well, I flubbed and we had sex at 9 weeks (couldn't help it, my drive is insane) on a Friday and Saturday. Everything was great, other than a little mild 'new' feeling. On that following Tuesday, I was 10 weeks post op, with my next follow up scheduled in two days (Thurs).

Well, Tuesday night we got frisky and did it again.... ONLY this time, mid way through I (sorry for the graphics) got really wet and then the smell was TERRIBLE. Corpse terrible. That stopped us in our tracks and of course I cried...the humiliation. The next morning, I was up getting ready for work and when I went to sit down on the couch, I felt a HUGE gush... just like when my water broke having babies. Again with the smell.

I obviously brought this to my doctors attention on my appt Thursday. He stated everything looked great, other than a small spot he used silver nitrate on my cuff. He was worried it might be a vag/rectal fissure so he sent me in for a STAT pelvic MRI on Friday (oct 9).

They filled me up, both ends with gel and ran a series of tests (two hours in that machine). They found no evidence of a fissure or fistula, but I do have a tennis ball sized cyst on my right ovary (that explains the continued swelly belly). The radiologist told me this, as it was 5pm on Friday and she knew I'd be stressing over the weekend.

The following Monday (oct 12) I get a call from the nurse, giving me all the info the radiologist had. I asked what the next step would be... she said my doctor suggests 'watch and wait' for two more weeks. Then we can try sex again and see what happens. He states he isn't worried at all about the cyst, that it should resolve itself.

Well, I've had discharge last Wed-Sat (14th-18th). The same all 4 days... (AGAIN, sorry for the graphics). Yellowish, browny, green.... it's not watery, but rather thick.

I'm so discouraged. I'm a mess emotionally. I miss my physical connection with my DH. He has been 100% supportive and is actually the one that keeps my 'urges' just that, and refuses to once again have intercourse until I'm all clear. It's me that needs the physical aspect of our relationship and this hold up is driving me batty.

I'm at a loss about my doctor. They don't know where the discharge is coming from, but I'm rather upset that he's taken the 'watch and wait' route again, today... says another 2 weeks. I'll be mad by then .

I know I should be happy the cancer is gone.. and I am, but now that I've jumped that hurtle, I anticipated the rest to be easy.

Any info? Insight? Light at the end of the tunnel? Any thoughts would be wonderful. My love is my best friend, but I think I'm wearing on him.... all my crying, grumpiness and general *ugh*...

Carli~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Re: 3month post discharge, I'm losing my mind!!

NWGoddess, I can't believe you are suffering so much without medical help! A lady doctor that my daughter currently sees for her hashimoto's and chronic fatigue syndrome said to us she believes more doctors do harm than good in alot of cases, and she hated to admit it! (that was her words). I have great sympathy for you and send out to you my prayers in hope you find some healing and answers. No-one should be in your situation! Noop.
Unread 10-19-2009, 05:24 PM

Goddess, I am so sorry..I know how you feel..I am having issues 4 weeks post op and I am in tears all the time...I am so depressed...I know just how you feel. I will pray for you. I am crying just reading your post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM

Wow, I would seriously make an appointment for a second opinion. That smell and description of discharge doesn't sound right. I wonder if this doc. would watch and wait if it were his wife.
Unread 10-19-2009, 06:09 PM

If it smells that kinda sounds like it would be an infection. I would get checked even if you have to go to your general doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register