Day one home, tons of pain and no support from husband | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day one home, tons of pain and no support from husband Day one home, tons of pain and no support from husband

Unread 10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Day one home, tons of pain and no support from husband

Well, Surgery was yesterday. I ended up keeping both ovaries. I wanted to. Surgery was two hours and I did end up getting that morphine shot in spine. I have had morphine in past and it never worked before but gave it a try anyhow. I ended up in recover having to go on a drip pain med where I can press button every ten minutes. Took that off at nine last night and been doing percocet evey four hours with ibu. I got a lot of good sleep in hospital and the best thing is I had my very own room. And awesome nurses. My mom in law even brought my son to see me. I got picked up today, just got home an hour ago. I wish I would have stayed at hospital though. Cuz I am in tons of pain again. We had it sorta leveled. I just fell in the kitchen though and it made it worse.
My husband is not being supportive at all. We got into an argument at hospital over the phone. So he had me crying at hospital he called me a *****at the hopsital. I am like really?? And I came home and found some inapporpriate website on his computer. YEs I tripped, maybe it was just a pop up. But I am an emotional roller coaster and he called me crazy. ANd is yet again saying he wants out of marriage. He always treats me like this off and on and he don't care when or what I am going through.
I am hurting bad since I fell though. Hope mom in law gets here with pain meds soon. I don't even really wana be at my house.
I hope all your experiences were as good as mine at hopsital. I am having some spotting but not much. I have not had a bowel movement but hoepfully will soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Re: Day one home, tons of pain and no support from husband

take care of You..THIS IS ABOUT YOU. heal and use the people that you have the most support from. my thoughts and prayers are with you.
c
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMissStarlett View Post
Well, Surgery was yesterday. I ended up keeping both ovaries. I wanted to. Surgery was two hours and I did end up getting that morphine shot in spine. I have had morphine in past and it never worked before but gave it a try anyhow. I ended up in recover having to go on a drip pain med where I can press button every ten minutes. Took that off at nine last night and been doing percocet evey four hours with ibu. I got a lot of good sleep in hospital and the best thing is I had my very own room. And awesome nurses. My mom in law even brought my son to see me. I got picked up today, just got home an hour ago. I wish I would have stayed at hospital though. Cuz I am in tons of pain again. We had it sorta leveled. I just fell in the kitchen though and it made it worse.
My husband is not being supportive at all. We got into an argument at hospital over the phone. So he had me crying at hospital he called me a B****at the hopsital. I am like really?? And I came home and found some inapporpriate website on his computer. YEs I tripped, maybe it was just a pop up. But I am an emotional roller coaster and he called me crazy. ANd is yet again saying he wants out of marriage. He always treats me like this off and on and he don't care when or what I am going through.
I am hurting bad since I fell though. Hope mom in law gets here with pain meds soon. I don't even really wana be at my house.
I hope all your experiences were as good as mine at hopsital. I am having some spotting but not much. I have not had a bowel movement but hoepfully will soon.
Hi
I am so sorry that you fell, and that your husband is being unsupportive! That is the last thing you need right now. I hope that your able to get pain-killers quickly and rest. You may want to call your doc and tell them you fell if the pain gets worse or you bleed more than previously. Get some rest-
Merr
ps- what did your doctor say about endo? I am glad you were able to convincce her that you needed your ovaries. I got mine out- but I had other problems with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Sorry to hear that you hubby is being a u know what. But like the ladies said is about you and trust me ... all the attention and care you give to yourself will surely pay off once u are fully recovered cuz you will need it. I so hope you get pain relieve ASAP ... and get to just relax and brush everything else off.
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:31 PM

Aww... I am so sorry to hear that you are going thru that hunny! You need the most stress free enviornment to heal in as possible. First you need to get your pain level under control. Don't skip doses & remember to take your ibuprophen in between. My doctor told me to take Aleve. Maybe that could help too. Try to relax & get as much rest as possible. Praying for you!

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM

My first 2 nights home my DH set his alarm and woke me every 4 hours to take my pain meds. Taking them very regularly the first day or two keeps you on top of the pain rather than it overwhelming you. That said, we are all different and you may not need to take it that often. It's brutal when hubby isn't supportive at a time like this. But this time is all about you, try not to let him make it about him. Hugs to you.
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:48 AM

I am so sorry your husband is treating you like that. Please call the dr and tell them you fell you could have hurt yourself and cant tell yet. I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:53 AM

Tlhanks all, I appreciate it. Ya, didn't get much sleep last night. Not till 2 am. Almost ended up in er, I tried calling doc but she told me to try benedryl. But what I was trying to tell her is that my pain is so bad the perocet wasn't helping. But I am still alive today. Feeling upset to my stomach. I am on nausea meds also. Getting ready to shower. Cannot wait for my mom in law to come by and bring my four year old. I need him. LOl. My husband is on his, "I want a divorce trip" and is totally not being here at all. I can't handle it right now. I am thinking of maybe going to stay at mom in laws but there is three kids there and don't think I would get much rest there. I will see how things go.
I just woke up and not sure how pain will treat me yet today. It is still at a five.
Merr- Gyn said she didn't see much endo but that she broke down adhesions on left side. Thats kinda crazy cuz I just had a lapo in June 2011 and they broke down adhesions. Didn't think they could grow that fast. But I also didn't find out everything from her, so when I do I will update you. All I told her was I was too young and way too much heart disease in family. I said if her and I end up in surgery again for ovaries I am willing to take that chance. And I told her if one was damaged she could take it. She said they both looked good.
Does anyone know when we are allowed to take a bath?
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:52 AM

I think a bath is still a bgi no no! I have a huge issue with adhesions as well. Mine calls it adhesive disease. They can grow with in the first 3-4 weeks after injury or surgery or infection... He put in a few "barriers" like mesh and some slow asorbing fluid and I still have a bunch! I've had 2 lapro's just to remove adhesions. They are messy! If you are prone to them, you will probably be getting them again.

I hope your hubby pulls his head out and starts supporting and helping you! They don't have a clue how hard this is. I'm sorry for your troubles! Have fun with your kid! Take it easy though!
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:02 AM

My heart goes out to you! After reading the threads to your post, I join the others in saying this is all about you. You may want to go stay with your MIL if there is a room that can be just for you - so you can close the door and keep the kid noise out. Frankly, the kid noise is better for you than staying at home with an unsupportive husband. You shouldn't have to deal with that on top of the pain. Your first priority is getting the pain under control - you should be in bed resting, not doing anything else. Make sure you use pillows to support you - front and back - squishing them under your belly lying on your side may help.
Take some deep breaths and try to relax your muscles. Fighting the pain makes it worse. Keep nagging your doctor about pain meds - make sure you also have a stool softener too. That may account for some pain too!
You sound like a very strong lady to be taking all of this at once. Keep your head up and take care of yourself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register