Scared, need some help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared, need some help Scared, need some help

Unread 02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Scared, need some help

Hello and good afternoon to everyone here. While I am a new member here, I am not new to issues. I am having a hysterectomy on February 24, and I feel like I have no one to talk to about my fear, questions and concerns.

I have PCOS, B-12 deficient neuropathy and mitrovalve prolapse. I am nervous about complications with everything that I have going on, and was wondering if anyone out there has had similar issues and could lend some advice.

The doctor is planning on doing everything Laporscopically, but my concern is I have been reading that it does not always work with large uterus, and or tilted uterus. I am also having both ovaries taken out.

I want to also talk to the doctor about also taking the cervix because I am not sure why I would keep it. Any advice?

I also am 28 years old, married with 2 young adopted children. How long will I be out of commission? Any answers will be appreciated. thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Re: Scared, need some help

I don't have any of your issues except the enlarged uterus. My da Vinci assisted vaginal surgery went well...my uterus was over half a pound, and he said he barely got it out, but he did it. Any bigger, and he would have had to go through the abdomen. My doc took my cervix and I'm glad....if you've gotta do it, take it! No mini periods, no annual paps (my doc suggests every three years, just in case). I bet if you ask him, he's already planning....I didn't know until my pre op question day. (Oh, I did keep my ovaries, no reason for mine to come out). I was out of commission for around 7 weeks roughly. I just took it really easy, no lifting, etc. My youngest is now 3.5. My dh took off two weeks to stay home and take care of our 4 boys. After that, I was basically up making sure they didn't burn down the house or kill themselves, my oldest (11) helped out a lot.

Hope that your surgery helps you tons like it did me!
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Re: Scared, need some help

I do not know how your medical problems will affect your surgery or recovery. Please ask your doctor on that. I am sorry you have those things to deal with as well as your hysterectomy.

You should probably plan on being down for about 2 to 3 weeks post-op. And then you will SLOWLY work back in to your life. Depending on your work, it might take longer. You will need help around the house and shopping.

I had a TAH BSO, and was out for 3 weeks. I went back to work at a desk job but could only do part time for 4 weeks. And that was tough - especially the first two weeks back.

My cervix is gone - I did not have a choice. There seems to be very different opinions on this matter. My advice is to talk to your doctor and ask his/her advice given your condition.

Good luck. Lots of hugs....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register