almost there............... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

almost there............... almost there...............

Unread 12-16-2002, 05:31 PM
almost there...............

The waiting is almost over. Someone asked me the other day who I was using as a support system. My only answer was this web site and it hadn't occured to me until that very moment that you sisters have been my total support system. I am so glad and grateful.
I sit here tonight contemplating the hours to come as my boyfriend cleans and my daughter is talking on the phone. Part of me wants to say WAIT!!! Don't you realize what's happening. And I want the world to stop. It doesn't happen that way. I look forward to joining you on the other side and hope I can help others the way I have been helped.
My biggest fear is I will be a different person....not good or bad just different. I still want to be the same old me. I think maybe that falls under the fear of the unknown. From what I read all is good and better. I am scared.................though, I can't help it. My surgury is scheduled for 7 in the morning so at lease I won't have much time in my own head before hand. I am 34 and having a TVH tomorrow morning. Best wishes to all my same day princesses. I pray for you that all goes well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2002, 05:48 PM

Best of Luck and Hugs to you as you prepare for the Castle! Remember all of your princess training, and you will do fine...

Post when you are feeling up to it, and let us know how you are doing...

See you on the post-op side!!
Unread 12-17-2002, 07:56 PM

s, Angelanet! You'll do great! I had an LAVH (laprascopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy). I'd heard that the recovery period is easier when you don't have the long abdominal incision as with a TAH, and I feel that's what happened in my case. Please be careful, though - I felt so good by the end of the first week post-op that I started to overdo and I hurt myself, putting my recovery back some. Definitely no reaching up on tiptoe! (What was I thinking!) If you find yourself wondering "should I do this?" - the answer is probably "no."

You know, I am different in a way - definitely grateful - every day I thank God I'm not bleeding anymore! And yet, I'm more "me" than I ever was. I seem to feel like it's okay to feel happy more than I used to. I just plain feel better. I have more freedom in my life now - I don't have to be concerned about periods at all anymore. What a huge difference in the way I live my life! It is *wonderful*! I know you'll understand once you're on the road to recovery.

Please take excellent care of yourself and let others pamper you!
Be kind to yourself and to others. This can be hard on all of you, but things will get better and better!

Hope all goes very well for you. Happy Holidays!

~Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register