Laparoscopic Supra Cervical Hysterectomy - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscopic Supra Cervical Hysterectomy Laparoscopic Supra Cervical Hysterectomy

Unread 08-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Laparoscopic Supra Cervical Hysterectomy

Hi Deb~

Actually...I never thought to ask about my cervix. I knew she was taking my uterus....but the cervix never came up. After the surgery I asked and she said that she typically takes the cervix to avoid complications....not sure what she meant by that. I feel great today. Just a little sore where the incisions are. I went out to my parents house yesterday and spent the day. Other than the fact that their furniture is very uncomfortable I feel great. Now I am worried about over doing it. I just feel to good and am having a hard time not cleaning or something!

Hope everything goes great for you Wedneday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2006, 11:54 AM

Hello everyone. Thanks for the support. Today is Monday I had my LSH on Tuesday. Last week was a little rough but today seems to be great! I am a liitle sore on my left side still. Yesterday I went to the grocery store with my DH, he did everything. I just walked around with him. I am so bored with everyone back at work. I have watched a lot of t.v. and read alot.
Unread 08-21-2006, 01:14 PM

Good to hear from you! Sounds like we are in about the same place. I was looking forward to the time off and already I am bored.

I am going to the grocery tonight. Keep in touch... how long are you supposed to be off? I have my first doctor appointment Tuesday. She is supposed to release me to work from home 20 hours a week. At least I will have something to do

Stacey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2006, 01:43 PM

Hey Stacey,

I go back to the dr. on Wed. the 30th. I hope after tht I will be able to go back in for a couple of hours each day! I wish there was something more interesting on tv! LOL... I am glad to hear you are doing well also! Talk to you soon

Cary
Unread 08-22-2006, 08:52 AM

Hi
I was wondering what the average stay is in the hospital (if everything goes well) for this procedure compared to the vaginal and abdominal. Anyone going through this with some info will really help me to decide. Thanks!!! jaze
Unread 08-22-2006, 09:06 AM

I was in the hospital for less than 24hrs with this procedure and up and around in 4 days, back to normal in 2-3wks.
Unread 08-22-2006, 10:15 AM

I was in the hospital less than 24 hours also with this procedure. It has been a week ago today since I had this procedure. I am doing good today I am having cramping. But other than being tired I feel great!
Unread 08-22-2006, 11:22 AM

My surgery was at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, I was in my room by 11 a.m. and home on my couch by ten the next morning. I was up and around about four hours after surgery and six days later am feeling great. I still need to be careful but have to tell myself to be careful as physically I feel fine. I'm getting tired in the afternoon, but am to the point where a nap would be nice but isn't necessary (I still say it is and go home of course!). Other than that, all is well!
Unread 08-22-2006, 04:21 PM

I was in the hosp for 1 day.
Unread 08-28-2006, 12:32 PM

My surgery was at 7:30am...I was home the next afternoon. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow.

I feel really good. The only trouble I have had was a reaction to vicodin. I haven't had any other trouble. I feel great, but have to remind myself I am healing on the inside. I drove Friday for the first time and had no trouble at all. I feel basically normal except for the incisions. They do burn every once in a while.

I have my first check-up tomorrow...if everything goes well I will start to work from home about 20-25 hours a week.

Stacey

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register