at how many weeks have people waited to resume sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

at how many weeks have people waited to resume sex? at how many weeks have people waited to resume sex?

Unread 03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
at how many weeks have people waited to resume sex?

This is a general question, I am just curious how long different people have waited to resume sex, whether after the all-clear from their doctor or just off their own bat? I am four and a half weeks now, and raring to go, but still waiting. I notice though that some women have resumed at four weeks,some at five, some at six or longer, all with their doctor's ok, so find this interesting and wonder how it went.

Robyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 05:44 PM

We waited 7 1/2 weeks. When the nurse practitioner examined me at 5 weeks post-op, she said I wasn't healing as fast as she would have expected and told me to wait 2 more weeks before having sex.
Unread 03-24-2005, 05:49 PM

My doctor told me during my pre-op meeting just wait 6 weeks. Then post-op he said 8. I didn't question it and by 6 weeks I was ready to go, tried it and everything was awesome.

My opinion, wait for 6, internal stitches need that long to heal. Try outer course....a term I never heard off before joining HS! It worked for me at 4 weeks.

And keep in mind, it's worth the wait!

good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 06:01 PM

Got the ok at 6, my husband had a surgery that week, waited 8 and it was fantastic. Still a little tender if things get too energetic. Glad we waited a little longer. My husband is very patient bless his heart. By the way we found a really fun lubricant. It is the KY gel in a bottle that gets warm. WOO HOO! We love it. Don't really need it but it just adds to things. Thought I would pass that along. Christy
Unread 03-24-2005, 06:05 PM

My DH keeps asking this same question...I keep telling him that we have to wait till the doc says it is ok...But, man this is one loooooong wait !!

Michele
Unread 03-24-2005, 08:29 PM
waitin patiently...

I go for my 6 wk visitnext thursday and I REALLY haven't had much urge as of yet, partly because i am scared it will hurt, partly just lack of drive for now. But yesterday, my DH did something that would have made me rush home and do it immediately if we had the go ahead. He has been VERY patient and nice about all of this healing process, we got hit with an out of the blue heavy snow in PA here, yesterday, and I kept calling his cell phone to be sure he was getting home alright since several roads had been closed. He didnt hv his cell on and I kept leaving repeated messages. Right before I was done working my shift, I hear a tap at my window at my desk.....there he is motioning me to come outside....here he was worried with the heavyt snow, that I woul dhurt myself cleaning off my car, and he came right to my work to take care of it and hv my car warmed up when I came out. Gosh, they do the most caring things sometimes....I melted, felt like when we were datng and he used to do special things for me......................the urge is GOING to be there next week, I just know it....sigh
Unread 03-24-2005, 09:38 PM

dear Kathy,

that's so sweet! sounds like you will do just fine. I have found that my sex drive has had a booster shot compared to before the op.

And thanks everyone for your replies, it's so interesting to see how others do, on what is after all a vitally interesting topic for each of us personally!

Robyn
Unread 03-25-2005, 04:55 AM

You've got to realize that inside of you are more stitches than grandma's quilt. It's gonna take several weeks for everything stitched together to heal, as well as the swelling that comes from the sheer invasion and trauma of the procedure. We waited for 6 weeks, as per the DR orders. There was no pain, bleeding, or discomfort during or after. The sex has been great, by the way! No periods, no pain, no birth control... this is freedom for me. (If the kids had any idea, they would be shocked and appalled. After all, we are middle-aged, and they don't think we should be as "frisky" as we are. )

Janet
Unread 03-25-2005, 09:51 AM

What do kids know. They don't have the monopoly on sexiness after all. Christy
Unread 03-25-2005, 10:08 AM

We went ahead a few days ago. I was afraid of pain but there was none! Pre-op I had asked some friends who had had the procedure what was it like after and they said so much better. I thought 'how can that be?" But let me tell you, it's way better than before surgery!! Can I say the word 'rabbits" in here? LOL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register