3 weeks post hysterectomy - strange feeling in vagina :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy - strange feeling in vagina  :( 3 weeks post hysterectomy - strange feeling in vagina :(

Unread 10-24-2014, 09:42 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy - strange feeling in vagina :(

Hi all....im almost 3 weeks post op. I had everything removed except my ovaries. Today is my 3rd day back to work and I'm freaking out because ever since my 2nd week of recovery i have the feeling that my vagina is falling out. Is this normal? I understand that i have stitches there at the top to close my vagina but it is really stressing me out. I went to be checked 1 week post op and my doc said everything looked good in there..... any advice or anyone else go through this? Please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy - strange feeling in vagina :(

Yes I have it off and on and it is normal. Alot of ppl say it feels like having a tampon in wrong. I get it mostly at night. It is just your tissues swelling. If you stand to long or sit to long it makes it worse! I found that my pain killers actually take it away. But completely normal. Search the forum for vaginal pressure and you will see lots of us have had it.
Unread 10-24-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy0876 View Post
Yes I have it off and on and it is normal. Alot of ppl say it feels like having a tampon in wrong. I get it mostly at night. It is just your tissues swelling. If you stand to long or sit to long it makes it worse! I found that my pain killers actually take it away. But completely normal. Search the forum for vaginal pressure and you will see lots of us have had it.
Thank you so much for your reply. I didn't think of it as pressure.... but that's a good way to describe it. Again thank you. Im having a hard time working my way through this site. But i will try to find what your taking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2014, 01:37 PM

yep, I have a pressure or fullness or like its bulging out feeling all the time.
Unread 10-24-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2edDee View Post
yep, I have a pressure or fullness or like its bulging out feeling all the time.
It is the strangest feeling. Thank you for your reply also! This group is amazing. Just really was freaking me out. Since my surgery i have lost my insurance and im so terrified that I'm going to have a prolapse.
Unread 10-24-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnMarie82 View Post
It is the strangest feeling. Thank you for your reply also! This group is amazing. Just really was freaking me out. Since my surgery i have lost my insurance and im so terrified that I'm going to have a prolapse.
You'll be alright as long as you don't over do it. I had my 2 week post op today and told him about all my feelings and pains and he said all normal.
Unread 10-24-2014, 02:32 PM

At the end of the day or when I overdo it I feel a ton of pressure or what feels like weight in that area. Feels like bricks sitting in my pelvis.
Unread 10-24-2014, 04:24 PM

I had the same exact feeling and was nervous to pee even being afraid that my vajayjay would be found helplessly floating in the toilet when I was through. It is normal sensations apparently as I am well healed now.
Unread 10-24-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaStP View Post
I had the same exact feeling and was nervous to pee even being afraid that my vajayjay would be found helplessly floating in the toilet when I was through. It is normal sensations apparently as I am well healed now.
Yes! I know everyone recovers at different speeds but how long did this sensation last for you? I'm so ready to be healed! Lol
Unread 10-25-2014, 06:51 PM

I feel the same too and agree with PatriceStP's post on the feeling that my vagina is falling out. I described the feeling to my close friend as my vagina has closed completely shut. I'm so ready to be healed and return to normal. I guess my next scare will be having sex post hysterectomy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register