Can I take a bath?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can I take a bath?? Can I take a bath??

Unread 05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Can I take a bath??

I am 5 weeks post op TAH/RSO tomorrow. My incision is completely healed and I no longer have any vaginal discharge. At my 10 day post op the NP told me no baths until 6 weeks and they don't need to see me back again. Has anyone else taken a bath earlier? I don't want to go against their advice but I am dying for a short bath, it's what I use to relieve stress!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Can I take a bath??

I know what you mean! I had a TAH/BSO & was told to wait 2 weeks post op for a bath & I was like WHAT???!!! but I have seen others post here that it has been 2 weeks & up to 6 weeks like you. My Dr was very strict on everything so I was surprised I could take it so soon but as you have probably noticed here, every Dr. has different instructions. If I were you, I would just give the Dr's office a call and see what they say since you say you have healed well. You would not want to risk getting an infection which is why they are so cautious according to my nurse friend who had to constantly remind me of that while I was whining- -LOL
Hoping you get that luxury soon---good luck!
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Can I take a bath??

I was allowed baths or showers right from the start after my tah/bso. But my dr had approved that. I think that your best bet is to call and ask your dr. Don't take chances, you've come this far - don't risk set-backs or complications.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Can I take a bath??

HI had TAH and was told no baths for six weeks also. Im pretty sure the reason is that your bladder is still not back to fully working and with taking baths u risk the chance of bladder infections which could set back your recovery and cause your bladder to back up from the infection. I know its hard not to take a bath when that your way of relaxing but for the sake of your health withstand it a little longer and before you know it baths everyday!!!!! JG

Unread 05-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Can I take a bath??

I started taking baths right around week three. I had no problems with doing this. I just made sure that the tub was very clean before each bath and didn't use bubbles or any additives to the water. Just plain old hot water and Dial soap. Dial because it is a antibacterial soap. I also didn't take up residency in there, it was nice to sit and soak but didn't stay too long. Hope this helps. I am now eight weeks post op today and doing great other than fatigue.
Unread 05-08-2008, 03:45 AM
Can I take a bath??

I was told no baths until 6 weeks, I'm not supposed to take them anyway because of my E. I did wait the 6 weeks before I would take a bath and soak in that hot relaxing water.
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Can I take a bath??

I was allowed at 4 weeks after my gyn did an internal to check the progress of the cuff. I wasn't allowed to use any soap, bubble bath, or spa additives. Just plain water in a clean tub.
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Can I take a bath??

My doctor approved baths for me when I went in day 5 to have my staples removed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register