as a result of surgery?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

as a result of surgery?? as a result of surgery??

Unread 02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
as a result of surgery??

Hello all,

I'm 3 months post surgery but I'm still experiencing hemorrhoid symptoms....

Dr. said that this could be a result of the surgery....

anyone experiencing this?? I've never had rectal "issues" before...this is not fun!!

TIA,

Debi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Re: as a result of surgery??

i totally had a hemorrhoid blowout after surgery. its been 4 weeks and its a ton better, almost completely gone. definitely from surgery. i hadnt had that issue since i had my third kid 15 years ago. definitely not fun. ive just been treating it with over the counter creams and those special wipes. my doctor looked at it at the 1 week mark and said it looked like it should clear up on its on soooo.....but if youre still that uncomfortable maybe you should call your doctor, maybe there's a script you need. good luck.
Unread 02-21-2010, 06:16 PM

I had problems several years ago and my doctor recommended that I use ointment and wipes and start a high fiber diet. I had to be careful about sitting and it is not fun. If the pain is really bad, call your doctor to see if they need to give you a prescription for something to help. Hope you feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM

I did get a script for suppositories...they help and fast but it's just a pain..never know when they will flare up...and then being intimate is difficult too....

This all started about a month before surgery...doc thought that the rectal pain was being caused by the fibroids....now the hemorrhoids have kicked in since teh surgery....lovely!!

Thanks and I'll see "professional" help if things get much worse......
Unread 02-22-2010, 12:43 AM

OMG! I was just going to post something tonight asking for help with hemorrhoids! They started about 5 weeks after surgery and have not quit since!!! I've tried everything I can think of to help and at the most, I get some temporary relief. Have gone back on Vicodin for the pain. This actually hurts more than my hysterectomy did and even will stab me awake at night. Went to church this morning and had to leave early since I was in so much pain. It also makes my tailbone hurt. Any ideas would be most welcome......please......
Unread 02-22-2010, 09:13 AM

Marie58

My pain started before the hyst but has not gone away completely...I get the tailbone pain too...or like the whole rectum/bowel area hurts all the way up my back. Some days are better then others but yesterday was especially bad....pain/itching. I did gt some suppositories from my doc that are hydrocortizone....which helps a lot! If this doesn't stop in a bit I'm going to need to go see my GP.

Good luck...and if you find something that works (short of more surgery) let us all know.

Hugs

Debi
Unread 02-22-2010, 06:03 PM

marie,
I would talk to your doctor to see if they can give you something for this. I know how painful they can be. I had them several years ago. I ended up in er because of pain and they had to numb it and then drain them because they got infected. Hopefully they can give you something to make you more comfortable. i would definitely ask if you can use Miralax or Benefiber and/or Colace to make it easier to go. Talk to your doctor because most of the over the counter ones probably won't help much right now. Good luck. Hope you feel better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register