Anyone heard of adenomyosis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone heard of adenomyosis? Anyone heard of adenomyosis?

Unread 10-12-2000, 11:03 PM
Anyone heard of adenomyosis?

I had a TAH on 10/5, kept both ovaries, and a few days later the pathology report stated I had adenomyosis. I had never heard of this, so my DR explained but I'm still wondering how rare this is.

Ever since I was about 16 I have had horrible periods. I took every over-the-counter drug out there and still no relief from the pain. I'm 30 now and after fighting this for 15+ years it is a relief to have some relief. My belly is quite swelly and tender but I feel pretty good. Walked all the way to the mailbox today which is quite a way from the house and wasn't to worn out from it.

I'm just happy to have this over with. The weeks before the surgery I think I read everything on this site twice just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I would have been at a total loss without this site and I thank you all for everything.

Lynette
May God Be With You
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2000, 02:17 AM
aaadenomyosis

Hi,I am new to this group.and too had a TAH on Sept,21,00.I have both ovaries also,and too my pathology report said I had Adenomyosis.I searched the web for 2 hours to find out what it was and got this answer from the Mayo clinic:It is the endometrial lining which is normally shed each month,and )like Endometriosis-but instead of leaving the uterus)it attacks all the muscle of your uterus,causing uteran enlargement,lots of blood loss and severe pain.Is that what you found out too?I have never heard of it before my TAH,and would also like to know more.Thanks-God Bless
Unread 10-13-2000, 05:42 AM

Click here to bring up a recent thread on the subject of adenomyosis. There are quite a few links posted where you can go fo information. Best wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2000, 11:05 AM
Adenomyosis

Sisters! I am almost 5 weeks post op form a TAH/BSO I found out after my surgery that I had adenomyosis also. I looked it up on the net when I came home to find out exactly what it is. I had problems ever since I started my period at 12. I took all different medications and have had multiple surgeries {7} and finally this surgery they found out what was wrong with me. Hopefully I won't ever have to have another surgery since everything is gone now. No more pain either I am so glad. This adeno. thing is very painful huh? I am glad its gone and they finally figured out what was wrong with me after years. I am 25 now. So does that tell you how long it has been since i have been pain free. I can't wait to resume a normal pain free life I won't know how to act.
Unread 10-13-2000, 12:50 PM

I was having heavy, frequent periods ten years ago and I
was told I had adenomyosis. I switched doctors, the new one
said I had no symptoms of it! Last month my ovaries caused
enough pain that I agreed to surgery, and of course,afterwards was told I had adenomyosis. From what I've read, its actually more common than endometriosis, but
harder to diagnose without biopsy.
Unread 10-13-2000, 04:42 PM

I also had adenomyosis, and when my doctor told me that he suspected that that was my problem, I immediately started searching for info. There wasn't alot on the web about it. I found an adenomyosis support group and learned alot from them. Once my hyster was scheduled they are the ones that referred me to HysterSisters.

I have since put together the information that I have found on Adenomyosis and have been building my informational website, Hysterectomy and The Diseases That Lead to Hysterectomy If you click on that link it will take you there, and then click on the link for Adenomyosis. I have information that I have found, and also links to other sites with information on Adenomyosis.
Unread 10-13-2000, 10:16 PM
Adenomyosis

Hi Everyone!

I had my hysterectomy back in Feb, and I can tell you that without a doubt that I finally feel "normal". Like the rest of you I had no idea what was wrong and why my periods were so painful. But, just before my 30th birthday I had my TAH/BSO and yocannot believe the difference it has made in my energy levels! Not to mention, I'm a much nicer and more patient person now. But like most of the problems out there it's just our own bodies turning against us.
Good Luck to all of you! There's a TON of relief just down the path!
Unread 10-14-2000, 02:43 AM
Adenomyosis

I was told by my gyn in 1988 that I had adenomyosis and that I should have a total hysto. i did not go with his rec. since my understanding was that the dx was not definitive until the uterus was removed and cut open.

Heavy bleeding and pain continued until 1996 when I had uterus and cervix removed. Indeed, I had adenomyosis. I put myself through a lot of unnecessary pain and problems. My doc described adenomyosis as an inside-out endometriosis.

Just had my ovaries removed Oct 6. Now I'm in a whole new ballgame. I have started getting symptoms from surgical menopause. Which is another subject.

Cinthie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register