completely fed up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

completely fed up completely fed up

Unread 05-31-2012, 09:28 AM
completely fed up

Sorry...just need to moan for a bit.

I am almost 5 weeks post-op after a TAH, taking ovaries, tubes and cervix and I feel so empty.

I have had such a fight to get my Doctor to even deal with my problems, and I am feeling quite upset that I have lost what made me a woman - with no explanation as to why!!

Let me explain...around five years ago, I was sterilized. after this I began suffering from heavy periods, so I was fitted with a Mirena Coil and checked for endometriosis (which was clear). After a few months, I began spotting between periods and my Doctor told me it was just the coil settling in. Another few months passed, with the Doctor saying the same thing.

Eventually, two years passed and I was due a smear test. At this point I was spotting between every period. My actual periods were rather heavy and I was also bleeding and cramping after sex. I also had terrible pelic pain. So, my Doctor finally sent me to a Gyneocologist.

When I saw my Gyneocologist, she ruled out endometriosis, infections, fibroids and cysts, but never tested for anything in my womb as she said I was too young for womb cancer (I'm 34).

Finally, she suggested Gnrh injections which stopped all bleeding and pain, so she told me I needed a total hysterectomy.

So here I am. Almost 5 weeks post-op after having everything taken away wondering why I had to lose everything when I had nothing wrong - no fibroids, cysts, etc. It kind of makes me feel like I have just made up my symptoms

I am so upset that I have lost my uterus without any explanation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Re: completely fed up

tammyj77 - my heart goes out to you. While this can't be reversed, it seems it is really important that someone hep you understand what happened and why, so that you can eventually find some peace with it. You should be able to get a copy of your medical records including a pathology report (I believe there is always a path analysis/report completed but I could be wrong). Once you have that in hand, it would be good to read through it, write down all your questions, and then return to the Gynecologist and ask them to help you understand. Take a friend if you need to for support - maybe they can also take notes while you listen.

It might take abit of time to get a copy of your records. In the meantime, please practice as much self care as you can. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself to feel whatever comes up. And come here to talk when you need to, and let us give you hugs.

Unread 05-31-2012, 07:55 PM

Hi Tammy,
fire has given you some great advice. I think it`s important that every woman get a copy of her pathology report (and OR report too) to help understand what exactly was done during surgery and what was found in pathology. It takes about 6 weeks to get medical records from the hospital where I work.

This can be a very difficult surgery to come to terms with. I still struggle with it daily. My pathology came back normal (with some adenomyosis) and my reaction was to burst into tears. Normal. So I went through all this for nothing. And why was I in pain pre-op.

I very much wish there was a way to undo a hysterectomy, or go back and change my mind. But I will have to make do with hugging my family and loving them for their support and coming here daily to see my Sisters, who are the only people in the world who understand.

You are not alone. Hang in there. One foot in front of the other.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2012, 08:16 PM

Hi tammyj77,

I am tearing up just reading your post. I am so very, very sorry that you are feeling that you had to go through all of this with no explanation as to why. I totally agree with fire and sugarandspice...please get a copy of your pathology report and head back into your for some answers. It won't change things now, but perhaps it will give you some peace of mind as to the why and you can begin to move on with grieving and acceptance.

Please don't be sorry about feeling frustrated and "moaning". You have every right to feel upset about having to have a hysterectomy and you are most definitely not alone.

Sending you many
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Thanks for your lovely replies. I am going to contact my Doctor next week to try and get my pathology report. I'm assuming it is all clear, as I assume that no news is good news.

I am so surprised with all the varied emotions I am feeling at the moment. I was ok after the op, but by week 4 I feel like I have fallen apart. It doesn't help that I am still feeling uncomfortable from my scar, and I'm still feeling pain

I need to just take one day at a time, until I start feeling like myself again xx
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:26 AM

Dear Tammy,

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way and that this happened to you. We are here to hold your hand and tell that you you are a very special woman still. Lots of love and hugs. Talk to us anytime because we feel your pain and love you.

kelset

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register