Made it thru the pre op, surgery around the corner! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Made it thru the pre op, surgery around the corner! Made it thru the pre op, surgery around the corner!

Unread 02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Made it thru the pre op, surgery around the corner!

Andreah, I hope everything goes well and you can come home the same day.. I am having a TAH/BSO with a bladder suspension on Feb 27th. So no incontinance for me LOL. My daughter has been teasing me about how emotional I've become. I went for pre-op w/gyn already and then next week w/ uro. I had to go to my primary care Dr. for a pre-op certification exam. Well wouldn't you know the EKG machine broke down... I am frustrated.. They know the hospital and surgeons require it before the 2 week mark. So all I can do is wait. The hospital called today to update my med. history and this makes this so real ~ I also had to fight off what felt like an anxiety attack trying to grab hold...so I took my dogs for awalk and felt better. Anyone else have this yet? Even with endo I don't have to take a bowel prep, yeah!!! I will just use an enema the day before. I had most of the endo removed not that long ago. So he is not worried.

Andreah~ I bought one of those smooshy pillows that someone recommended. I think it will be good for the car ride too. I am amazed that you'll be able to drive after a week. I'll be lucky if I can stand up straight after a week. LOL
I'm in for the "kegal club"
I pray that everyones surgery goes well and we all heal quickly and have no complicatons!!!

Shesan ~ Where to you live where they keep you for a week? I will only be in from Monday (surgery) to Wed. That is with a TAH and bladder surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2006, 04:53 PM

Hey I like that idea of a kegal club. Squeeze, one two three, squeeze and hold it one, two,three
With your surgery being totally laprascopically, are you going to get one of the "swelly belly" bands? I have been thinking about it, but not sure if they are primarily for abdominal surgeries?
Unread 02-08-2006, 05:10 PM

Plant lady, I've definately been anxious but at the same time very calm. It's hard to explain. It's almost like I've disassociated myself from it all. If I let my brain go on, I'll be in a psych ward! I'm a huge worrier usually. Actually, my biggest worry right now is what are my husband and mother going to do all day waiting for me to be ready to go? He yells at me because I'm always thinking of everyone else. So sorry about the ekg machine, I lucked out and didn't have to do all that stuff this time. I don't know how lucky that is though. Between the appt. at my dr's office, then driving to the hospital and my appt. there I was only 1 1/2 hours in total which I thought was great. You're so lucky you don't have to do bowel prep but even though I hate it I'm glad as he expects he'll be doing alot of cutting to get totally rid of the endo. Better safe than sorry.

Sue, I'm not going to bother with the swelly belly band because of mine being laparoscopically, I've had many of those kinds of operations and have never had the need for anything like that. The pillow is enough to hold the tummy in. I think they are primarily for abdominal surgeries. Now if it held my tummy in all the time I'd buy it, ha ha! This dang tummy...it's like bread dough!

Ok, back to the kegal's!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register