2 weeks post-op and first day back to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post-op and first day back to work 2 weeks post-op and first day back to work

Unread 11-07-2005, 08:36 PM
2 weeks post-op and first day back to work

It felt so good to get back to a normal routine...although by the end of the day I was pretty tired. My boss had flowers for me when I arrived this morning... For the next few weeks I get to go in late and leave early...I have a wonderful boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 08:41 PM

WOW...I am having a TAH on Wednesday and asked for 3-4 weeks off...but after reading and researching I thought for sure I'd need 5-6!! Hopefully I'll follow in your footsteps. Glad to hear you are doing so well.
Unread 11-07-2005, 08:47 PM

I am 5 weeks today and am dreading going in next Monday. That's fabulous if you are up to working already, but take it easy. You can only recover once.

Pamper the princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2005, 08:50 PM

I am being very careful about how much activity I do, and my boss and dh are both keeping a close eye on me..so I can't get away with too much I have had 2 c-sections and a laparotomy, and recovered well after them. With my laparotomy i was back to work 4 days later and never had a problem. My incision is healing well and I fit into my pants...yay!!!
Unread 11-07-2005, 09:55 PM

Please be careful! My mom had a friend who started back at 3 weeks because she felt great and then ended up with a total relapse and was out again. Give your body plenty of time and best wishes for a great recovery.
Unread 11-08-2005, 01:29 AM

Aneederz,

Are you going back to work out of choice? I hope you'll be fine, but is it wise? Did your doctor say it was okay to return to work so soon?
Feeling okay when you're sitting in the house doing nothing can give you a false feeling of 'wellness', so please take great care to not do too much in work. Let us know how you get on.

Miz
Unread 11-08-2005, 02:23 AM

Wow
2 weeks and back at work already
I am just in my fourth week and I am still feeling pretty crappy, still sore and so tired.

I am worried that you might be back too soon, please take it easy at work and rest up when you get home

best wishes
Unread 11-08-2005, 06:53 AM

2 Weeks, Wow! Today is my 4 week anniversary after an LAVH. I started back to work, yesterday part time. I only worked 3 hours and I was so ready to go home. I can't believe how much it took out of me. Thank goodness, I can come and go as needed for the next 2 weeks to work back up to full time. The pain has been minimal, but I tire so easily!
Unread 11-08-2005, 01:12 PM

I was not even ready to go back @ 6 weeks and thank God everyday, I chose to take 8 weeks off from the beginning.

My TAH was far more extensive than we had thought it would be and I have a vertical incison. I am still sore and tire fairly easily.

Will return to work on Monday and wonder how I will make it thru all day without my afternoon nap.

Best wishes,
Sweet Pea
Unread 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Miz... Being back at work already is just as much my wanting to as it is out of necessity.

I am still a little tired, but in very little pain. I have been off pain meds for over a week now. My boss allows me to go home and rest if I need to in between clients if I am able to...so that helps.

I told my doctor right from the beginning that I would be returning back to work after 2 weeks. He is aware of what type of work I do, and said to just take it easy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register