Recovery time for Endo Ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery time for Endo Ablation Recovery time for Endo Ablation

Unread 07-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Recovery time for Endo Ablation

Hi ladies, I am new to the site and want to inroduce myself first. I am 32 and the proud mom of two boys. I have had two traumatic delivieries both resulting in emergency c-sections. Since the birth of my second son (Mar 05) I have suffered terribly with the cramping, pain, heavy menstrations, etc. I had a tubal in July 05 and my OBGYN dicovered endo on my uterus, bowels, bladder, and abdominal wall. I am scehduled for a laser laporascopy and an endo ablation in Oct. My concern is recovery time! I am a teacher and am on my feet all day, how do I deal with the continued leakage afterwards? How much time do you recommend that I take?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2006, 10:31 AM

Hi luvtoteach
Welcome to Hystersisters! I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. In trying to avoid a hyst I had an ablation done. One of the very nice things about it is that the recovery time for most is very quick. I would say that within a week I was feeling really good and probably the time was shorter than that. There is discharge for several weeks afterward,but it wasn't heavy for the most part.
I'm not sure if the laser laparoscopy part of what you're having done adds anything to the recovery or not because I didn't have that done.
There is a wonderful site for getting and receiving information and support for an Endometrial Ablation . I would suggest you register there and ask some of your questions. I found them to be very kind and helpful. You can also read posts from other women who have gone through it and get more information from them. On hystersisters you will find that most if not all of us have had failed ablations and had to go on the have a hyst. It's nice to read success stories. I hope you will give it a try.
I wish you the best in your decision making and your treatment. Let us know what you decide and how it goes for you.
's,Rita
Unread 07-22-2006, 11:56 AM

I had the NovaSure ablation; hysteroscopy; D&C last January and am also a teacher. I had it done on a Tuesday and intended to go back to work 2 days later (Thursday). However, I passed out on the ride home (it was outpatient surgery) and had to stay the night at the hospital. Consequently, I went back the following Monday. The recovery for me was not bad at all (except for passing out!). I did have continuous discharge (every color & consistency imaginable) for 4 continuous months afterward (thus, the hysterectomy). Everyone is different in recoveries, however. Being on my feet all day did not affect my recovery from the ablation. I felt pretty good. The endometrial ablation web-site is a fabulous place to ask questions! Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register