Scheduled LAVH 7 days and counting! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 days and counting! 7 days and counting!

Unread 07-13-2010, 05:14 PM
7 days and counting!

So last week I had my pre-op and it went well, I love my Dr and feel so comfortable with her and thanks to this site I asked all the right things and my Dr said Wow you are really well informed already, and I had told her thanks to this site! Tomorrow I have my blood work and meeting with the sleep master (lol). I am super excited because my pain is just too much for me to bear and being on these pain meds is just too much, I have been on percocets since Feb and cant wait to get off of them because along with the pain meds comes constipation and so now I have to take 2 laxatives everyday and then I am off running to the bathroom for 30 minutes at a time, but hey its better than being in the hospital not being able to go and is some super immense pain and in another embarrasing situation ACK that was the most awful thing I have EVER been through! Even though I am excited I am also a little sad, I do have 2 children and did not plan on having anymore but now the choice is not going to be there and its just a little depressing to me and I am sure to many women here. I am also nervous about the help that I am going to need when I get home, my boyfriend is not the care giver type but I see he is trying. If anyone has any advise on how to drop hints on how really serious this is so I can try and open up my boyfriends eyes I would appreciate it! One other thing, my Dr is putting me on a clear liquid diet at 11 am the day before my surgery and I forgot to ask her what exactly can I drink does anyone have any ideas on how to keep my hunger down on that day and whats good to have, if they have been in the same situation as that I will love to hear how you got through the day! And i was instructed not to take any pain meds after midnight, does anyone have any suggestions on how to ease the pain from my endo until the morning? Well thats all for now thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Re: 7 days and counting!

Your day is almost here! It sounds like you're pretty much ready! You might want to share the links to MisterHysterSisters and Hysterectomy FAQ For Family and Friends with your BF so he might have a better understanding of what you're going through and how he can help.

I have never had to do a liquid diet but was on one after surgery for a few hours. There are many members here who have done it and will have better suggestions than me. It usually consists of clear liquids. Most doctors (you should double check with your's) don't want you to have anything red in color because it could be mistaken for blood. Things such as broth and popcicles are examples of what you might consume. Drinking plenty of water can help ease any hunger pains, but also good to keep you hydrated. Be sure to give your doctor's office a call to see what you can include in your liquid diet.

Best wishes!

Deb
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:27 PM

I went to one of the group forum who were on their third week and read all the postings from the beginning. I quickly worked out those who rested the most healed the quickest and five days after my surgery I am doing so well, no meds and everything tender but in working order. Get a mobile laptop cart from walmart $34 it has a tilted desk for your laptop and a flat desk for drinks, meds etc. It is light and you can adjust the height to be above the swelly belly and it is mounted on one side so the bottom bit rolls under the bed and the desks go across the bed. Every morning my husband loaded up the flat bit with what i needed before he went to work, same again after lunch. it was a God send and with five wheels easy to push to one side when
i needed to get out of bed without breaking the dont do anything rules.

Drink loads of water would be my best advice and second best advice get your husband to read one of the post op discussion postings as he will really understand how bad it can get if people dont get good physical support as they do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2010, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the advice, I did get a list of what to drink from the hospital at my pre op testing last Wednesday, I am so happy about popsicles! LOL! As for having my boyfriend take a look at one of the posts its so impossible, I am feeling very sad about it. Its like a wake up call that he doesnt care the way a person in a relationship should, but its ok I will get through it and that subject is for a different place. Thanks again! I will be posting after my surgery too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register