Bleeding with sex????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding with sex????? Bleeding with sex?????

Unread 11-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Bleeding with sex?????

Hi all -

I will be 11 weeks post op tomorrow. I got cleared for "hanky panky" (as my gyn calls it) at 7 weeks. Everything has been fantastic.

No bleeding...no pain...no big "O" problems...until last night. I was with a VERY well endowed man and I started to bleed. It left a good size spot on the bed and just a bit of residual blood this morning.

Anyone else experience this? I figured as long as the residual stops today I should be ok. Anyone think I've caused any damage???

Thanks gals

Coleen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2003, 06:36 AM
Bleeding with sex?????

Hi Coleen

Sorry to be so crass but how "energetic" were you? I found in the early stages if I was too energetic I also had spotting, it did go away but gave me a fright nonetheless.

Keep an eye on it, and give your doc a call if you are unsure.
Unread 11-26-2003, 06:43 AM
Bleeding with sex?????

Fairly energetic. I was very slow and careful the first few times but everything seemed fine. I have been more "energetic" with someone else but he is average in size. I'm assuming this may have had something to do with it also.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2003, 07:35 AM
Me, too

Coleen,

I'm so glad you posted this when you did. I am SIX MONTHS post-op and just had this problem this morning. I resumed intercourse at six weeks with no problems. My spouse is average size. This morning I used my dildo (which is substantially bigger) for the first time since surgery. Now I have bleeding. It's not a lot, but enough to wear a mini pad. I'm waiting to see how long this will last. I'm hesitant to call the doctor. I know they've seen/heard everything, but it's a little embarrassing!!! I am assuming that in this case, size DOES matter. Has anyone else had this? Especially at this far post-op. Hopefully Coleen, we'll find out this is common and no big deal.
Unread 11-26-2003, 10:44 PM
Bleeding with sex?????

Hi all

You should visit the site www.pelvicfloor.com to see exactly what it is that is done to you during surgery. Then I am sure you will not be surprised that you are still battling. Logically I guess it would seem to be "normal" for you to bleed the more vigorous you are and the "bigger" the apparatus (hehehe).

But PLEASE speak to your doctor if the bleeding continues for too long or if it is very red blood. Rather safe than sorry.

Hope you both feel well sooner rather than later.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register