feeling ill | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-05-2004, 07:05 PM
feeling ill

hello ladies

my surgery is coming up fast ,monday the 12th july.
for the longest time i couldnt wait for it to get here
and now that it is right around the corner i am so nervous i am making myself physically ill.
and have given serious thought to cancelling the surgery. i havent as of yet but have come close.....this whole thing is killing me ,,,kinda like ****ed if i do and ****ed if i dont.
i am not being nice to my family and they dont deserve this.
reason for hysterectomy is many periods in a month and severe pain, with or without period..... they are going to have to go in through the belly (vertical) because of previous surgery's to bladder .
dont know how much more i can take
thanks for listening
willow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2004, 07:23 PM
feeling ill

Oh Willow,

I feel so sad for you. I know you are scared, I'm scared and I think that is normal. I kept hoping for my August 12th. date to come and because of recent events, I decided about 30 minutes ago to call my dr. and have it changed to tomorrow or the next day!

I'm scared and not being the nicest person right now either, but I make it a rule to give myself the same grace as I would others.

I know the ups and downs you are feeling but what if ALL of the ladies are right? What if the anticipation is the worste part? What would it be like to have a pain free life?

Stay as possitive as you can and you can pm me if you need someone to listen.

k9
Unread 07-05-2004, 09:36 PM
feeling ill

My nerves were getting the best of me pre-op. I went to my doc and asked....well....practically demanded some nerve pills. He said, "no problem" - He prescribed just enough to get me to surgery in one piece. I even took 2 xanax the morning of my surgery, with the ok of doc and the pre-op folks..of course.
It helped tremendously!
s, Trina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2004, 09:49 PM
feeling ill

I want you to know we all are supporting you here. I know its a scary thing. My surgery is July 28th.....I just know I'll be feeling like you as my time gets closer, lets all bond together , us July Hyster Sisters, and let our combined strength give us what it takes to get through all of this and on the road to recovery....
Mucho ~Prayers to all of us July Hyster Sisters!
Unread 07-05-2004, 09:56 PM
feeling ill

Hi,

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time.

I am looking forward to my day, three weeks from today.

I am not particularly nervous yet. However, I have known for many years that this time would eventually come. After dealing with endo for nearly 20 years, it had to happen sooner or later.

I will be thinking of you in my prayers tonight.

Judy
Unread 07-05-2004, 10:03 PM
feeling ill

Hi Sisters,

I know it is hard not to be nervous but soon you all will be feeling so much better. I will keep you all in my prayers and will be waiting for your post op posts. Bless you all and s to you all!
Unread 07-06-2004, 07:16 AM
feeling ill

I really, really think the waiting is the hardest part. I had a TAH/BSO with a vertical incision 6/11/2004. I already feel better than I did pre-op. Like Judy, I had been dealing with endo for 20 years, and horrific cramps, and other problems.

The weeks before my surgery, I would cry at the drop of a hat. I was disagreeable, I obessessed about surgery, getting ready for surgery, post-op care, you name it! Which I think actually made me better prepared, but it also drove me crazy (and the people who love me)!

I am now 3.5 weeks post. I feel much more balanced emotionally than I have in a long time. I'm not on HRT, due to endo. Doc said he would see how I feel at my 6-week and go from there. I've got some hot flashes/night sweats, but not too bad. And no emotional rollercoaster (yet).

I had a particularly difficult and long (5.5 hrs) surgery, so I have more pain than most of the sisters. I am still on Vicodin and Motrin, which really takes care of the pain. But it sounds like most sisters are off the pain meds pretty quickly!!

So hang in there, and let your loved ones know that it DOES get better. Some women have the hormonal things go on after surgery, but hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't.

Best wishes for a great surgery, short castle stay, quick recovery (but be a good princess and don't do too much too soon), and a pain-free life after!!!!

Esme

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register