Had pre op today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had pre op today Had pre op today

Unread 04-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Had pre op today

Went today to GYN and the doc that is doing my tummy tuck, got everything for the 26th...
My GYN said he was going to be taking everything but my ovaries.
I have a 14 week enlarged globular adenomyosis with fibroids uterus. I kinda looked at him when he told me all this.
But he did tell me what it all means...
Made me feel good about it.
And he also said he would take or leave what I wanted but this is what he though would be the best for me.
I trust him alot I have known him awhile.
He said even if I wasn't going have a tummy tuck at he same time he would have still had to go in abdominaly because of the size and scaring. I am ready to get this done and over.

I think I have everything I need to bring with me and for at home.
I hope I do anyway.

Any thing you wish you had with you that you didn't?
Hubby will be there to get it if I think I need something.

Oh where I am having this done they put all the hyster sisters on the OB-GYN floor with I though could be kinda mean to the sisters that didn't have kids or the ones that wanted more.
I have 4 kids so this isn't the case for me but I just though about the other sister and it broke my heart to think that they would be where all the babies and mommies are.
Is this the norm for all hospitals?
My SIL had her THA there and I can remeber her freaking out in the middle of the night over not having any more babies she was upset by the sound of a crying baby and she lost it.
I hope this changes soon since they are making the hospital bigger.

Best wish's to all....

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Had pre op today

I'm glad you are all organized and your dr has explained everything to your satisfaction.

I was in one of those mixed wards too - and I didn't really think it would bother me - and mostly it didn't - except when my room mate arrived and said "oh, you've already had your baby" That made me feel very very strange.

I found there wasn't anything I wanted in the hospital - and in fact I brought more than I used (I never did use the portable cd player) -- but I did read a lot -(doze, read , doze read....)

wishing you well for your surgery and recovery.
Unread 04-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey

I am going to have a room to myself so I think that is going to be the best thing about the hole thing.

I am sorry you had a roomy that spoke before asking you what your there for. I am sure she is like most others just didn't think about someone other than an OB pt being there...
And mean it's not something you would even think of if you wasn't the person or had a famliy memeber that has gone though it. You just wouldn't think that they would mix it up this way, I wonder if then hospital even thinks on how it will be on our sister.

Thanks for the reply... Best wish's to you I hoep your recovery went well..

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Me too!

Hi Donna

I had my pre-op at the hosp,,,my gyno's office is just awful so no preop w/Dr -- ugh!

I see him in the AM of my surgery,

I too am going in on the 26th for a TAH/BSO + tummy tuck.

We'll have to stay and touch and see how we both do!! I requested to be out by Thurs but they said def it will be at least Fri and maybe Sat...ugh! I am really going to try to move around and prove to them that I am OK to go home (hopefully I will be !!)

Best of luck!
Carol
Unread 04-22-2005, 03:23 PM
LOL

This is neat to have some one having the same thing on the same day.. Well you know what I mean LOL..

We will have to maybe chat while we are home recoverying..
Hope you have a healthy and speedy recovery.....

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register