WooHoo! Me Posterchild For TVH...well sort of! ;-) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

WooHoo! Me Posterchild For TVH...well sort of! ;-) WooHoo! Me Posterchild For TVH...well sort of! ;-)

Unread 06-22-2009, 06:15 PM
WooHoo! Me Posterchild For TVH...well sort of! ;-)

So I went in to the doc today for my first post-op checkup. She was just wonderful, as always. She also informed me that I should be the "Posterchild For TVH" (and repairs) since I have basically breezed through recovery, unlike the other lady that had the exact same surgery on the same day I did. She had trouble from the git-go. Now she is getting better, but nowhere near as ready as I am to go back to work.

So I am proud and happy to say, I have been released with no restrictions, to return to work as of today.

I stopped by my store on the way home and sorted out the scheduling for my first few days. My manager is still very concerned about my energy levels, but the job, as long as we are not really busy, is actually very laid back. I will sit much, and still keep busy doing things that need doing. I just will be getting paid to sit whilst doing.

I know I am going to have to rebuild my energy and stamina, but it is so wonderful to know my body is being good to itself for a change! Need to start with my "full" vitamin and supplement regime again too.

I hope everyone has a better day than you expect, and that everyone is healing well.

Cheers,
Shadowe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Re: WooHoo! Me Posterchild For TVH...well sort of! ;-)

That's great Shadowe, and do take it easy. Your body is still healing and you may end up feeling tired some days more than others. Take care!
Unread 06-22-2009, 06:59 PM

Sounds wonderful! Keep taking care of yourself and best wishes to you as you continue on your road to recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowe View Post
So I went in to the doc today for my first post-op checkup. She was just wonderful, as always. She also informed me that I should be the "Posterchild For TVH" (and repairs) since I have basically breezed through recovery, unlike the other lady that had the exact same surgery on the same day I did. She had trouble from the git-go. Now she is getting better, but nowhere near as ready as I am to go back to work.

So I am proud and happy to say, I have been released with no restrictions, to return to work as of today.

I stopped by my store on the way home and sorted out the scheduling for my first few days. My manager is still very concerned about my energy levels, but the job, as long as we are not really busy, is actually very laid back. I will sit much, and still keep busy doing things that need doing. I just will be getting paid to sit whilst doing.

I know I am going to have to rebuild my energy and stamina, but it is so wonderful to know my body is being good to itself for a change! Need to start with my "full" vitamin and supplement regime again too.

I hope everyone has a better day than you expect, and that everyone is healing well.

Cheers,
Shadowe

Although I am happy to hear you have had a "perfect" recovery, I am offended about your comment that the other lady that had the same exact surgery had problems from the get go. You made it sound like you are gloating and that you are better then her. Well, I am the other lady and I have had problems and I am here to tell you that I have been through a very tough time. At 12 weeks out I am still not released from the Dr. I am almost in tears tonight because I am so sick of the problems. I just came on hear looking for support. I should not have read this thread. You could have told us how wonderful your recovery is without mentioning the "other lady".
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:05 PM

I am sorry you are still having problems Buddy12. I am in a similar boat. It is hard when you keep having problems after surgery. My date was Jan. 19, 2009 and I am still having problems as well. I have an appt. this Wednesday. I am hoping and praying for the both of us, and I know countless other ladies, that our healing and peace is on the way. Hugs and God Bless you Buddy12.
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM

I am sorry to hear this, buddy12. I hope that you will continue to turn to us for support. Many, many hugs to you.
Unread 06-22-2009, 09:49 PM

I have no intention of looking at my job until the beginning of August. 6 weeks, suckas! Sucks for you having to work, my sista!! Booya.

Nah , I'm just kidding. Let's not have hurt feelings. Everyone's situation is different. Some of us heal faster, some of us are gonna have to work and survive, some of us are gonna hurt. I don't want anyone thinking offense, this is a wonderful place for sharing and support.
Unread 06-22-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy12 View Post
Although I am happy to hear you have had a "perfect" recovery, I am offended about your comment that the other lady that had the same exact surgery had problems from the get go. You made it sound like you are gloating and that you are better then her. Well, I am the other lady and I have had problems and I am here to tell you that I have been through a very tough time. At 12 weeks out I am still not released from the Dr. I am almost in tears tonight because I am so sick of the problems. I just came on hear looking for support. I should not have read this thread. You could have told us how wonderful your recovery is without mentioning the "other lady".
Buddy12, I am terribly sorry that I offended you. I was actually very concerned about the other lady, in fact concerned enough that I have asked after her, each and every time I have talked to my doctor. I have been praying for her recovery along with my own, and was told today that she is now rapidly catching up with me.

I apologize to anyone who through my excitement I may have offended, believe me it was not in my heart to do any such thing.

I simply MUST be able to return to work, or we will lose our house. If I am out of work for one more week, we are done for, period, end of story. I am out of vacation time and sick pay, and taking leave is not an option. I guess I was thinking more of myself and my relief than of other people's feelings, and again I apologize.

Buddy12, I am also terribly sad that you are having such a tough time. I do understand how difficult recovery can be physically for people. I have not always been so good at getting better. Again I apologize for my lack of empathy, and if you don't mind, would like to add you to my prayers.

Namaste and Blessings,
Shadowe
Unread 06-23-2009, 04:51 AM

you know I just want to hug you both (((hugs)))
Unread 06-23-2009, 05:43 AM

I know the feeling of "having" to get back to work. I am the primary wage-earner (actually, the only wage-earner) in the house and I don't have "vacation time," because I'm the owner of the business. If I'm not there -- there is no money coming in. I really feel for those folks that have no other choice but to get right back to work. And this economy makes it even worse!!!

Glad you are feeling better! Keep up the good recovery. And it didn't sound like you were gloating (kind of more of a comparison).

Big hugs all around, a

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register