Scheduled dVH/RALH Having a Hysterectomy in 11 days Scared need words of support | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a Hysterectomy in 11 days Scared need words of support Having a Hysterectomy in 11 days Scared need words of support

Unread 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Having a Hysterectomy in 11 days Scared need words of support

I just turned 25 today and I have a Davinci Hysterectomy scheduled in 11 days. Are the other young ladies that have to have this done? Anyone have this one done have any suggestion? Looking for more info. on getting this done.

I have to have one do to having really bad bleeding issues and they have tried everything else. They could not do abliation do to my uterus being to tilted so they did a DC instead. I am a little scared about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Re: Having a Hysterectomy in 11 days Scared need words of support

Welcome, You have found the best site in the world for women like us. Being fearful is common to all of us. I am having a partial hysterectomy in the morning. I am little anxious but I found comfort that God is in control. You will fine all the support you need right here. The sisters on this site says that worst part is waiting. My suggestion to you is to read as much as you can concerning the pre op and make sure you do the check points and by all means please stay away from negative forums. Some women do have problems afterwards but the majority does not. Those negative post will scare the crap out of you as it did me back in January. I actually canceled my surgery. Well, here I am again no turning back. You will be fine.

Be blessed
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:39 AM

I had a TVH Sept 23 and was scared also. I came thru it with flying colors. I am feeling better now and never felt like I had surgery. I was just achy and crampy. I kept thinking I would have major pain but never hurt any worse that menestral cramps. I hope you two both have the same luck that I did! Leave it in Gods hands and you too will do well! Good luck and try not to worry it may not be as bad as you thought it was going to be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2009, 09:49 AM

I was where you are now 8 days ago, my surgery is in three more days.
This site has helped answer some pretty scary and, not to mention some pretty goofy questions I have had in the past 10 days.
Ask as many questions as you need to. It wil help ease some of the anxiety.
The HS are really the best! Best Wishes, B
Unread 10-26-2009, 10:56 AM

I spent so many hours researching everything before my surgery. I went into the hospital believing I was making the best choice for me, though I was still not 100% sure, since my nerves would get to me some days. From everything I've learned, research the facts, get a second opinion, then stop thinking so much. I just focused on the goal of being pain free, which motivated me more than anything else. This is a very common procedure with a very high success rate. And the RALH is a minimally invasive one, so you'll recover much faster. Search this site for other RALH sisters to read about their recovery stories.
Unread 10-26-2009, 11:22 AM

I am 29 and i am going to have the da vanci hysterectomy 2 weeks from tomorrow. i know that your nerves are going crazy right now, please look up and read stories on this website. It has really helped me and I have learned alot.
I wish you the best of luck and for a speedy recovery. If you need anything, please don't hestiate to ask.

Ashley
Unread 10-26-2009, 11:27 AM

Well, I am not as young as you, I'm 34 but here is my experience. I had a RALH on 10/9 and am now about 2 1/2 weeks post-op. I was scared before I went in but I feel better now then I did before surgery. My biggest post-op problem was gas pains! Now, they were bad gas pains but I took some pills, Phamzyme worked best for me, and it got better. Other than that, my stomach felt like I did too many crunches. I had a pain pump with Dialudin in the hospital for about 24 hours, boy did that make me sleepy but I had very little pain. I went home the next day with a perscription for Percocet which I only needed for a few days, mostly to sleep. Some doctors send their patient's home the same day after a RALH. The biggests thing is to take it easy when you get home. A lot of women who have had RALH have trouble with that because we feel so good. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have, the site helpe me so much pre-op, I would love to help someone else.
Unread 10-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Hello Rosa,

I too am having the daVinci, my surgery is Nov.9, actually 5 days after I turn 37, so I am somewhat older than you, still scared though. Rosa, we have something else in common, I am in Parkville a suburb of Kansas City. I think if you read other pre-op posts, you will see that being scared, nervous, and worried are all normal feelings right now, some of us have even had strange dreams.
Take care, God bless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register