Canceling surgery due to women's posts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Canceling surgery due to women's posts Canceling surgery due to women's posts

Unread 02-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Canceling surgery due to women's posts

I thought I would get help on here to go through with my surgery and help my anxiety. This site and stories have only made my anxiety worse and fear every bad situation that might happen. Dear me. With majority of people fearing prolapse, bladder disfunction and no sexual desire and the newest of too much sexual desire that won't stop, had me taking a Xanax.

I'm scheduled for a LVTH on March 9th, 2016 with the possibility of keeping one ovary or surgical menapause. I'm 39 years old and have one child who is 21 years old, so no more children for me. I've had fibroids in the past and pre cancer cells found 10 years ago. I have suffered from painful periods and ovarian cysts. I've had two laporscopic surgeries for ovarian cysts, and now have a enlarged uterus and cysts on my ovaries again. I was diagnosed with endometriosis from surgeries and also have rectal pain before periods that can be extremely painful. I've been anemic and have had iron transfusions from blood loss. I was extremely scared to do this surgery, but reading on this site has me panicked about everything that can go wrong or had gone wrong. Ugh.

This is a scary decision to make to remove organs and scary to think of everything that can go wrong. I understand people get worried and anxious about a major surgery, but they can also make other people's fears worse. I was told to read this site for it would help, not make me fear for my life. I was confident going in but now I fear my decision is wrong and dangerous for my health. I would say I need help, but I fear the responses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Canceling surgery due to women's posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisydixon View Post
I thought I would get help on here to go through with my surgery and help my anxiety. This site and stories have only made my anxiety worse and fear every bad situation that might happen. Dear me. With majority of people fearing prolapse, bladder disfunction and no sexual desire and the newest of too much sexual desire that won't stop, had me taking a Xanax.

I'm scheduled for a LVTH on March 9th, 2016 with the possibility of keeping one ovary or surgical menapause. I'm 39 years old and have one child who is 21 years old, so no more children for me. I've had fibroids in the past and pre cancer cells found 10 years ago. I have suffered from painful periods and ovarian cysts. I've had two laporscopic surgeries for ovarian cysts, and now have a enlarged uterus and cysts on my ovaries again. I was diagnosed with endometriosis from surgeries and also have rectal pain before periods that can be extremely painful. I've been anemic and have had iron transfusions from blood loss. I was extremely scared to do this surgery, but reading on this site has me panicked about everything that can go wrong or had gone wrong. Ugh.

This is a scary decision to make to remove organs and scary to think of everything that can go wrong. I understand people get worried and anxious about a major surgery, but they can also make other people's fears worse. I was told to read this site for it would help, not make me fear for my life. I was confident going in but now I fear my decision is wrong and dangerous for my health. I would say I need help, but I fear the responses!
Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear about your increased anxiety and I totally understand. I'm about 11 weeks out from my davinci for a huge fibroid, tons of adhesions and pre-cancerous HPV 16 stuff too. Just know that as sisters will tell you, most people are quick to post problems but not happy things. I think overall I wish I would've read more BEFORE my surgery because I feel like I totally underestimated the affect major surgery (via lap or not) is a big deal. That being said, I have absolutely ZERO regrets! I have made progress every single week. I had no prolapses, no bladder dysfunction (unless you count a UTI), and my sexual desire is exactly the same as before surgery. I think my pre-surgery anxiety was CRAZY and I'm so glad to have surgery behind me. Only you can make the best decision for you! I'd try to stay away from this area of posts because 99% of time they are problems a sister is seeking help with. Once you're post surgery your individual recovery thread will be absolutely wonderful. (It's the area with all the dates of week by week listed). The group of ladies I've been with have been absolutely phenomenal for support! It also helps me gauge all along the way how I'm doing and that I'm not alone. I wish you the very best in your decision. It took me a year to finally schedule the surgery. No more heavy ridiculous bleeding, no more near passing out during my periods, no more clothing worries, no more cervix to worry about either! I wish you peace in your final decision! Huge hugs!
Unread 02-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Re: Canceling surgery due to women's posts

I think that it would be a better idea to not read before the surgery. It just makes people more
Anxious. Stop doing this and wait till after. I never went on till after. My recovery was fine and there will be tweeks during recovery but it may not happen to everyone...
If you must be on this site, read the preparing instead..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2016, 06:06 AM
Re: Canceling surgery due to women's posts

(((Daisydixon)))

We're very sorry to hear you're struggling with the posts you've found so far.

But it may encourage you to know that, being a support forum, ladies only tend to post when they have problems during recovery. Those who are doing well - the majority! - generally don't participate as much.

If you've not discovered them already, please visit Our Hysterectomy Stories and Beyond the Land of Hyster forums, for example, where you'll find many thousands of positive experiences!

Having said that, a hysterectomy is obviously a big decision and major surgery which should only be considered as a last resort after all other options have been exhausted. You may find further medical opinions very useful indeed at this point if you've not already sought them. If not, then please take a moment to visit www.givemea2econd.com to find out how these could help you.

Also, as you've mentioned an endometriosis diagnosis, you may wish to visit our Endometriosis Support Forum especially since a hysterectomy is not a cure for this particular condition, as you may already be aware.

For now, please try concentrating on the wealth of information, resources and articles, etc, that this site has to offer (links and tabs at the top of every page) rather than reading posts where ladies are having problems post-hysterectomy, which is not the experience of the majority. My recovery, for instance, couldn't have been smoother and I'm now 11 years post-op with no regrets.

We're sending positive thoughts as you continue with your research.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register