dr says ok...do I tell DH! lol - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dr says ok...do I tell DH! lol dr says ok...do I tell DH! lol

Unread 11-10-2005, 07:00 PM
went to the store!!!

Hi Patch and everyone else!
Well, I went to the store to buy the lube. I waited around in the isles until the pharmacy man left for the evening. I finally got up the nerve to pick up the stuff, along with a couple other items. I went to a female cashier, paid for my stuff...and out the door I headed...But wait, what's that beeping? Oh, it's just something in Littlelefty's bag. A worker came up to me and said "we will have to check your bag over, mamm!" Out came the bath gel, gloves, and, of course, the personal lubricant (which ended up being the culprit! ). She then said "thank you, I'm sorry, have a good night!" I said I'll try to.
I think I'm over all my embarassment now...what else could happen!!!
Hope you enjoyed my funny little visit to Kmart!
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
dr says ok...do I tell DH! lol

I can't quit laughing. Glad it was you and not me. If only the worker knew your story.
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:39 PM

Sorry littlelefty but I'm havinga good giggle which makes me cough so that will teach me. Now go and have a good evening with hubby. Bet you don't go bakc in a hurry. Just had a thought if the lube isn't needed you'll be cursing the suggestion as you'd of been saved the embarassment.

Laughing with you..........Karen
Unread 11-11-2005, 07:35 AM

Lefty,

I may be too late....but relax is the best advice I heard from my sisters here and my doctor. Honestly, we took it very slow for several weeks and it has done wonders for our relationship. We waited until 10 weeks post-op (had some problems.....didn't get released because of a hurricane, took a UTI, etc.) I know this may not be true for a everyone......but for us, sex is so much better. I had actually forgotten how pleasurable it could be. And you don't have to be embarressed here. We're your sisters and we understand.

I know my doctor told us to take it easy even though all stitches were healed. And she said if it hurt then wait another week. Blessedly......it didn't and once I relaxed all was well! I also was embarrassed about purchasing "lube." I went to the pharmacy instead of Walmart, I figured fewer people to bump into to. And then we didn't need it. I hope if you did take the step that is was wonderful for you.
Unread 11-11-2005, 07:35 AM

Well Patch, I'm not cursing your lube suggestion!
Thanks...and all was well (only 2 glasses of wine, not the whole bottle!) My DH thought the "new" me was pretty good.
Thanks to all of you ladies for helping me get my courage up.
For all you other ladies who might be afraid of the "1st time," (at least for me) it was wonderful. Just take things slowly.
LL
Unread 11-11-2005, 03:36 PM

Woo Hoo littlelefty,

So pleased it all went well and yep I also needed the dutch courage(wine) to help relax but you know our hubby's are just as scared when it's all boiled down.

Wishing you a continued good recovery and much happiness....Karen
Unread 11-13-2005, 03:06 PM

LL,
I got to this thread a little late, but I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I hope that this is the start of a wonderful new chapter in the book of your life. And I just have to add that your beeping at the pharmacy when you went to leave had me LOLing... because I bought my lube at the local supermarket and I JUST KNEW that I would need a price check.

Anyways... I am very happy for you on this milestone of your recovery. Good for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register