Scheduled LAVH wondering something | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

wondering something wondering something

Unread 02-13-2012, 08:13 PM
wondering something

With all the treatments that doctors like trying first, why did my doctor rush to a hysterectomy? I know this is something I will have to talk with him about, but from the moment the first non-surgical ob/gyn seen my MRI everything was a rush rush. They rushed me in with the first available appointment with the surgeon, then he gave me his first available appointment for surgery. He didn't say this or that might help, he looked at my scans did a pelvic exam and said one of two surgical options. One was to take the Endo out and put electricity in my uterus to lighten my periods and the second was the LAVH. Anyone have any insight? Could my Endo be that bad? 4Day countdown now and my mind is running a little crazy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Re: wondering something

I'm sorry you're feeling rushed. That's not a good feeling when you're facing major surgery! Don't let anyone rush you into a surgery you're unsure about. I would definitely make an appointment to discuss this. Don't wait until you're being prepped for OR to ask him. Find out what other options are available and if he says none, ask him why other options arent appropriate.
Wishing you and
Sending you
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:41 PM

Thank you for your quick reply. Actually I dont want to try the other options cause my history with medical stuff is not good. I would rather must get it done and over with. I'm just wondering if others see this as a sign that I have a bad case of Endo???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2012, 09:45 PM

I would call your doc and ask why you were fast-tracked for hyster, especially since it's worrying you.

You said you had an MRI. Is it possible they found adenomyosis? From everything I have read, it sounds like if you have adeno a hyster is the only thing that will take care of it.

I have suspected adeno but have not had an MRI, just tons of bleeding and horrible cramps. I had my pre-op today and he said he also suspects endo. I've tried just about everything except ablation but I chose to skip that and just go for the hysterectomy. Ablations don't have a great track record for adeno patients. I am tired of feeling like a guinea pig.

I think it's important to go into surgery as prepared as possible. It sounds like you need some answers. Call your doc.

Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register