Overly Emotional...Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overly Emotional...Help! Overly Emotional...Help!

Unread 10-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Overly Emotional...Help!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Paula. I'm 23 years old and am having a LAVH on the 22nd. I am so emotional. I have 2 children and don't want anymore. I just mourning so much over the loss of choice. My boyfriend and the father of my children is sick of listening to me. He doesn't understand. I just cry and cry and cry. I'm so young, but feel selfish for feeling this way when many of you were not able to have children at all. I'm trying really hard to not have a pity party. I'm so lucky. I've been in constant pelvic pain and had extremely heavy bleeding since I was 12. I have endo, a prolapsed cervix, uterus, and bladder. I've had ovarian cysts, but am keeping my ovaries, and I've also had fibroid tumors. Like I said he's sick of listening to me so much so that he told me to either stop whining or to not have the surgery. I just can't stop crying. I feel like I'm dying inside. I know it's because I'm losing the choice, but I just can't stop. I'm also terrified of the surgery itself. I've had two laps before and a d&c, but I get so sick afterwards. I'm a total basket case. My bf wants me to call the dr. and see if he can't give me something to help me relax until the surgery, but I feel too embarrased to ask. I'm a nursing student, I'm supposed to be calm, cool, and collected. Right now I'm barely on speaking terms with my bf and I feel so alone. Please someone help if you can. Thanks for hearing me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Oh Paula,

You are not alone here. It is very tough to give up loss of choice. I have older children and I am past childbearing years and just had surgery in March and I was sad to lose a part of me. I think we all mourn the loss in one way or another. It is normal to feel this way.
You must be tired of pain and bleeding and you will feel better once you have your surgery. I have not regretted mine.

Please don't feel embarrassed about calling your about giving you something to calm you. Healthcare people have anxieties just like anyone else. It helps to make a list of things that are bothering you about your surgery and then talk with your doctor about these things. I know for myself, the more facts I had the better I felt about going into surgery. I must have asked my dr a million questions.

Unread 10-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Overly Emotional...Help!

Hi Paw!
I am 25. I had my LAVH kept ovaries last dec. I also have two children. I understand that it is really a very difficult choice to make. I know I feel so much better compared to before my hyst. I also had endo. I think that if you are not ready you should really sit down and talk with your doctor. It's very important that you are totally ready to have the surgery. I still have my days when I wonder if I made the right decision. But then I was in so much pain before, I'm sure I personally did. Every person is different. Please go talk with your doctor. If you opt to do the surgery now, then discuss with him how you are feeling and talk about the options. Even though you are a nursing student I'm sure this won't be the first nursing student that they have discussed this with.
Jamie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Overly Emotional...Help!

Hi Paula!
I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. It really does get better though. I am over 2 weeks post-op from LAVH/BSO and I feel great! The waiting was the hardest part, but I spent lots of time on here asking questions and learning so much. It helped me more than anything else, I had plenty of questions for my DR too. I also asked for and received Xanax to help me get thru the pre-op jitters and enable me to sleep at night. They helped so much take the edge off! I was like you, nervous and questioning whether I wanted to do this, crying over a hangnail and driving my family nuts. I'm 42 and have 3 step-grandkids and had been in so much pain I couldn't enjoy half a month anymore, and I still mourned the loss of my fertility. Thank god the Sisters were here to tell me I was normal! I am so glad now I did it, I have a wonderful pain and pad free life ahead now. I took phenergan for nausea in the hospital and when I got home also and didn't get sick one time! I wish you all the best! 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register