Fibroid Hyster Sisters? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Fibroid Hyster Sisters? Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Your uterus sounds like mine. I tell my DH it feels like my tummy is on fire. Adno is not going anywhere and my waist size went up 3 inches in 4 months. I am sorry to find someone else like me. I totally understand your frustration. I thought wait 15 years and go thru meno.. but that is out of the question. It is time for our lives to be adno free and with a waist 2 sizes smaller. Hope you get relief soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

I had my yearly exam on Jan 9th and I told the doctor about my periods being very heavy with alot of clots. He had me try taking Alleve for 3 days before my period would come and then through my period to see if it would lessen the bleeding if not call him in March. My periods began getting irregular and I had 4 periods between Jan 2 and March 8th. I had my ultrasound on March 22 due to heavy bleeding and irregular periods. I got the results over the phone from my doctor and he told me since I already had a tubal he recommended the hysterectomy but I could just have the fibroid removed - he gave me the weekend to think it over with dh. I called Monday and said I choose the hysterectomy - he was out of the office alot that week so I got an presurgery appt for April 6 (Good Friday) and he went over with me everything about the surgery and told me he wanted to do it before my next cycle for me and I was scheduled for the following Friday (the 13th). I am now 12 days post op from an abdominal hysterectomy with one ovary removed (it was enlarged).
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Hi Seagazer

I can't believe you'd even consider waiting 15 years I've know about this since the beginnning of January and find waiting till August hard enough to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

I, too, have fibroids inside and outside of the uterus. I also have cysts in both ovaries and endo. My periods have gotten heavier and heavier over the last six months and I ended up becoming severely anemic as a result. I am currently having to see a hematologist for iron treatments as my numbers had dropped so low. I had a D&C and exploratory lap. on Friday, May 13th. I had a one week follow-up with my ob/gyn and she recommended that I have a complete hysterectomy, but said that she would also do a partial if I chose to keep my ovaries. I know I need to have it done, but I am deathly afraid of having the hysterectomy! This really should be an easy decision for me to make as I have been so sick and tired as a result of the anemia, but it isn't. I am afraid of the pain and how long it will take to heal. I am afraid of what I will be like without hormones and I also worry about how it will change my sex life. I am only 38 years old!
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Mistic33, I'm sooo jealous as to how fast things went for you, how are you feeling now being 12 days post op?
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Hi Angelnine

I know how scary it is and it is a big decison to make but from what I've read and heard for me the decision was an easy one, it's the waiting that's the hardest
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

I am glad it was fast now but realizing I only had one week to plan for this with 4 kids was a shock. Luckily I have my mom near by and dh's work was willing to give him his vacation on such a short notice. I am doing better than I expected to at this point. I highly recommend walking as soon as the take out your catheder - it helps with the pain, helps eliminate gas pains too, and helps bowels start working.
Unread 04-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

Glad to hear you're doing well

I keep hearing about those gas pains, not looking forward to them
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

My Dr. only found my fibroids last September, they had not shown up previously. I had not had the heavy bleeding problems, just cramping each month which was bad ever since my periods started, but was better after being on BCP. After the ultrasound to see the fibroids, Dr. told me as long as I didn't have any symptoms, we would just wait and see, check again in 6 months. Started my period the day of the ultrasound too. Had steady cramping from that day on, got worse over the next couple of months. When I got to the point of having to take Vicodin at work just to make it through the next couple of hours, I called the Dr. and told him I couldn't take it anymore. Surgery went very well, I am 2 months out now, back to the gym, even shoveled gravel last weekend! Glad that the angry aliens are gone. The big one was slightly larger than my uterus, and there were three others about golf-ball size.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Fibroid Hyster Sisters?

when you went into hospital what did you take for personal care eg do you need pads, which night wear would be best for post op, any other hints
jacquie rose
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register