sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-23-2005, 05:19 PM
sex

As I read different threads about women's sexual experiences after sugery,I get more and more scared.One woman told about how she tore her vaginal cuff and her intestines were hanging down in her vagina and one about how much it hurt after 5 months,etc... Im really scared.I mean I love sex and Dh's kisses are definatly giving me ideas(but not for awhile cause Im only 4 weeks post op)but I'm really getting afraid to even try in the next year!!! Does everyone have pain the first time? Will it be like being a virgin again if stuff was tightened up? -Marsha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2005, 06:26 PM
sex

Hi Marsha.....I am the one who was told I had torn and my intestine was bulging into my vagina.....lesson # one....never ever listen to your gp ...my gp had never seen granulation...she did freak and she was great at getting my gyno to get me in pronto...but he was very upset at her jumping to such a conclusion and especially telling me ,the patient, that was what she thought it was....turns out my stitches were not torn at all just lots of scar tissue had built up on the vaginal vault....I went into hospital...he froze me and cut out the excess tissue then cauderized the area...that was yesterday...today I feel almost normal....he said the painful sex was that when my hubbie entered from the rear he penetrated deeper into the vagina and it aggravated the scar tissue and it hurt and bled....what a relief .....so I am looking forward to painless sex ...that is when we can do it again...have to wait a week....sorry to scare you....just wait until you are okayed by your dr. and then ask hubby to be gentle ....all will be just fine....Melanie
Unread 07-23-2005, 06:32 PM
sex

Hi

I understand your feelings. They are quite normal. I was released by my doctor @ 6 weeks for sex. I didn't experience any pain or bleeding, but I had some light cramping for a couple of hours afterwards and that was it. It got better and better each time.

You might want to read this article about resuming sex after a hysterectomy. Sex - Resuming Post-Op

I wish you the best!

s

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2005, 07:43 PM
sex

Marsha,
I was cleared for sex at 4 weeks. Although the first time was not great, it did not hurt at all and I never had any bleeding or spotting afterwards. DH and I were both very nervous.
Since I am not on hormones yet, I had a problem with dryness the first time and things are also much tighter than before.

I finally got up the nerve to try again a few nights ago. It was much better this time and I feel like things are on the way to getting back to normal.

I've read where some ladies have sex the first time and everything is great right away. But just don't expect too much the first time and know that it will get better if it's not what it used to be.
Even though I didn't expect alot, I was a little disappointed at first, but after the second time I was thrilled.

Good luck. I know it is scary. I was scared too. But you will be fine. Just wait until you are cleared by your doctor and take things slow and easy.
s
Cheryl
Unread 07-23-2005, 08:03 PM
sex

I also had the gentle cramping afterward What was cramping I don't know, there's not much left down there! LOL

Anyway, just take it easy and don't do anything before the says it's okay.

Here's to hoping everything goes well with you! :

Ginger
Unread 07-23-2005, 08:08 PM
sex

I understand your concern I had a TVH a week before you and was released from my doctor at 1 month and yes we were scared but to be honest...it was wonderful. It was tighter that before but felt good. Just try to relax and enjoy it.
Unread 07-23-2005, 08:18 PM
sex

I had to wait 9 weeks for the green light do to granulation found at my 7 week post op (Dr was on vacation at 6 weeks). We didn't wait any longer, though! It was definitely tighter, but in a good way. I had to use a little K-Y, and did have a little spotting afterwards, but not much. We will keep practicing (and making up for lost time)! I does get better each time.
Unread 07-23-2005, 08:21 PM
sex

Hi Marsha

I was given the "green light" for sex at 6 wks and DH was more than willing to have a go ..
I was nervous, and tense.. DH was pleased but I was probably too nervous.
I then had spotting for two days after and the dr put up the "red light" for 10 more days!
However - I'm not on any estrogen patch/pill.. just started at 6 wks on Vagifem, which restores the vaginal/bladder areas. Took it a little while to work, but it's helped tremendously and - we've not waited the full 10 days to resume sex. It keeps getting better and better.. no worries at all with this!!

Shoozie
Unread 07-24-2005, 03:19 AM
sex

Hope I'm doing this thread thing right..I keep seeing in the post op sex threads about being "tighter" Could someone explain to me exactly what that means, I just don't understand how it could be that way when everything has been taken out, seems like it would be loose, this is an issue I am concerned about...can you tell a big difference?
Unread 07-24-2005, 11:12 AM
sex

When you have vaginal repair work done and they stitch up as in my case the back wall,it is sewn together and the surgeon tightens up everything thereby making it "tighter".I don't know if any of this is done if there is no repair work,but my guess is no.I had a rectocele and theyn repaired it so I am sewn all the way down to the bottom and it is very much tighter(I know because of the premarin creme she has me insert for swelling)Hope that answers your question.-Marsha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register