Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
View Poll Results: If you take a prescription HRT, what kind do you take?
Pill (ie. Premarin®, Ogen®, Estrace®, etc) 252 32.68%
Patch (ie. Vivelle Dot®, Climara®, etc) 259 33.59%
Branded gel or cream 56 7.26%
Compounded gel or cream 42 5.45%
Compounded troche/sublingual 14 1.82%
Implanted HRT (pellet) 10 1.30%
Birth Control Pills 9 1.17%
Injection 6 0.78%
I don't take prescription HRT or I don't take HRT at all. 155 20.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 771. You may not vote on this poll

Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take? Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take?

Unread 08-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Re: Poll: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take?

I am still on my Evamist spray, 2 sprays each arm. It has been great. I just recently started on Estrace vaginal cream too. I had a spot inside that constantly hurt upon any type of penetration. So after the doctor looked she said the vaginal cuff was a little smaller than before and the tissue wasn't stretching enough so she said the cream would help expand the tissue. So far it is working. She also added that she thinks I would need "manual" stimulation to enjoy sex again. So hubby has no problem with umm a little vibrations lol...and I have found a different spot inside that makes sex more enjoyable than before my surgery. So all in all....the combo HRT is working!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2011, 06:43 PM

I totally relate to the expense of HRT! My hyst was 5 1/2 years ago and I kept my ovaries. About 2 years post op, I experienced crushing menopausal symptoms. I have been on HRT since and the cost is surprising. I have prescription insurance, but can't believe what I am spending each month.
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take?

I am only a week out from my LAVH BSO, but am currently using the Vivelle dot. We may add compounded testosterone if needed, later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2011, 10:39 PM

I've been on Premarin 1.25 since my hysterectomy 2 years ago. I have never had any side effects, no hot flashes, etc. I'm hoping its the best HRT for me. So far my skin, hair, and body has not aged at all and I feel great! :P
Unread 11-27-2011, 06:06 PM

.625 premarin I get a hot flash almost every morning between 3-4am LOL nothing serious Dr said he could put me up to. 9##? But with possible risks of strokes etc I decided to stay at .625 for now.
Unread 12-01-2011, 07:31 PM

i just had tlh on the 17th started estardiol 2mg today hopefully no side effects from it
Unread 12-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Post-Op members only: If you take prescription HRT, what kind do you take?

Was on Premarin with progesterin for 5 yrs prior TAH. Now was recommended Premarin vaginal cream to promote healing and quicker recovery. Hot flashes have dealt with for the past 7 years with and without horomes. I'm 57.
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:40 PM

I just had my LSH w/ BSO 5 days ago. I am 55 and have been taking birth control pills for the past few years to try and control very heavy periods. On the 2nd day post-op my dr started me on Vivelle Dot .1 mg. I've never had any menopause symptoms and I hope I never will!
Unread 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM

Divigel, 1mg. 6 days post RALH BSO and so far so good. I'm 44.
Unread 01-09-2012, 07:09 PM

I'm am on estradiol 2mg you can get it at Walmart for 4 bucks. I was using the derived yam cream that a local phamacist made and I had a bad reaction from it. So be careful ladies. Also, it has been two year since my surgery and my obgyn said that my vaginal wall has not healed completely. I was shocked, I wandered why I've been tender for all this time. She put me back on the vagifem. It is a little pill that you inject inside. She gave me a bunch of samples.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register