TAH Terrible pain... 7 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Terrible pain... 7 weeks post hysterectomy Terrible pain... 7 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 01-17-2017, 08:06 PM
Terrible pain... 7 weeks post hysterectomy

My TAH/kept both ovaries was 11/28/16...saw my MD for 6 week follow up last Thursday and told her about a nasty, nagging pain at the right side of abd, at the edge of the incision, but deep down... She said could be a hernia but wear spanx and let her know if it gets worse... yesterday i made lots of short trips in and out of the car and something on that right side is not right - hurting lots more since yesterday, nauseated this am but maybe thats from the tylenol #3 i took last night (which did NOTHING for the pain)....
Im over all this and i need to get back to life!! Anyone have any thoughts????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Re: Terrible pain...

You're inner incisions are still fresh. Make sure you rest after activity. It will take a while for you to heal. I still get twinges here and there after a year. (I think my organs aren't used to the extra room)
Unread 01-17-2017, 09:41 PM

Thank you- i think thats where im frustrated...last week and the week before i could rest and overnight i would feel better but even with laying down all afternoon and overnight isnt relieving this pain... im gonna call my MD tomorrow- hopefully she'll have some ideas to help. This is my 1st post and im thankful for your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Re: Terrible pain...

I hope you get some relief! It takes a while but it does get better. I used to sit and cry thinking I made the worst mistake of my life and I would be miserable forever. But every week it was a little better.
Unread 01-18-2017, 04:05 AM

Hi
I had a TAH (ovaries and cervex also) on January 12. I have been home 2 nights and the pain is getting worse, not better and exactly as you describe- right side only, deep and burning/stinging. I had a tummy tuck 3 years ago and it was nothing compared to this. I was told no swimming or taking a bath. I look forward to following this thread to see what works for you.
Unread 01-18-2017, 06:40 AM
Re: Terrible pain... 7 weeks post hysterectomy

At that far out, I think that severe pain should be evaluated by your dr. I hope that you find the cause quickly!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register