Scheduled TLH It's set | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-17-2011, 10:30 PM
It's set

Finally I have scheduled my surgery for Dec. 14. I am excited due to all the stress of having horrible heavy periods and cramping. I am tired of my period controlling my life and since I haven't birthed any children they made me wait till I turned 35 (this year).
I have the fibroids, endo, etc. Just wanted it done long time ago. A woman knows when her body is fighting her. I went through one surgery already Myomectomy and those darn fibroids came back 6 months later. That was 6 years ago. Since then I was constantly being monitored by my dr every 3months and taking bcp. Finally those bcp stopped working and this year I began to have my period for a month. I was done. So Here I am finally getting ready for my rainbow.

I live alone with 3 dogs but have an amazing group of friends that are willing to help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Re: It's set

Hiya NayNay!
I know how wonderfully freeing getting that surgery date set in stone is. Be sure to pamper yourself between now and then and get lots and lots of doggie cuddles and kisses!
Also, it's wonderful that you have a support group of friends that are able to help you---be sure to take the help! For me at least, the first 4 days were when I really really needed the help.
Best wishes for a successful surgery and relatively pain free recovery!
Unread 11-18-2011, 02:10 PM

Congrat on your date! My LSH is scheduled for 12/1 and I just had my pre-op appt with my Dr. I had a list of questions which he was so gracious to answer all of them!! I have heavy periods with clots and also anemic due to my periods, I have fibroids and possibly endo. It feels so good to get that date scheduled and today I have signed my consent forms so it is becoming REAL!! I will not miss the heavy bleeding and cramping conrolling my life any more!! Best wishes to you and I hope you have an uneventful surgery and quick recovery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2011, 03:44 PM

Congrats! I know its a tremendous relief to get that date written down on the calendar. Now the waiting begins, and while its rough, it's not so bad, I suppose.
I'm to a point where I can now actively begin getting the household in order, deep cleaning commenses this weekend. I find the productive waiting better than just sitting around, so I'm happy this day has come.

Hope the time passes quickly for you. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!
Ara
Unread 11-18-2011, 06:21 PM

Hi NayNay,
Glad ou have your date and a great support team to help you at home. You also have found an amazing group of sisters that will be here with you every step of the way. Dec. 14th will be here before you know it and some of the best advise that I recieved from the sisters was to stay busy. I cleaned my house from top to bottom. Had my area set up and waiting for me when I got home. As the other girls have said pamper yourself . Everything will be just fine. I wish you the very best. Hugs,
Donna
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Thanks everyone! I was hesitant about cleaning but knowing my ocd I'd want to clean when I get home. So I'll do my deep cleaning before. I am just relieved to know I'll be able to have a more productive life vs omg I'm gonna bleed through! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions after. My dr asked all of my questions prior even the one I asked if I can have a video of my surgery! LOL yeah he looked at me crazy but said he will see if it's ok. I want it!
Thanks again.
Renee
Unread 11-20-2011, 07:33 PM

I'm having my LSH on Dec 14th! I should have had this scheduled long ago, but my doctor kept putting me off and simply playing the waiting game because I didn't have children yet. She was actually pushing me to have kids before my "condition" (fibroids) got too bad. I'm turning 36 on the day of my surgery and couldn't be happier that I'm having it done even if it means that I will never have children (something my hubby and I didn't plan on doing anyway.)

I'm doing my best to get things done in the short 3 weeks left before I go in. Having Thanksgiving and all the hubub that goes on the days before and after with company being around is going to make the time fly. My list of things that I need to get done before surgery keeps getting longer and longer and I feel like I have no energy to get any of it done. I'm trying not to stress too much about it - afterall, it will all be there to do when I've recovered! I'm more anxious about the pre-op appointment that has yet to be scheduled and finding out if my insurance will cover it. Until then I'll just keep counting down the minutes.... and it's nice to have someone to count them down with!
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:08 PM

Hi Mxdancer,
Looks as we will celebrate together. For some strange reason I am not doing much. I know the day is coming and I'm sitting around crochet or doing a quilt. LOL I've cleaned a little. I'm just keeping myself occupied with things I enjoy doing vs the distraction of my body falling apart. Also so I don't rip the thing out before my dr can do it gently.
As the days get closer I will confirm (again) with my insurance everything is in place. I'm just making sure my bills get paid and I have plenty of fabric to keep me busy (besides sleeping). When you said 3 wks I was thinking wow thats soon!
My dr too kept holding me off with surgery but this time once I got the ok. I held off. ( I already paid for a cruise this past oct. and the work wouldn't understand!) Now Nothing holding us back. My pre op appt is Dec 7. I'll update y'all then.

Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register