will having uterus removed cause more problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

will having uterus removed cause more problems will having uterus removed cause more problems

Unread 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM
will having uterus removed cause more problems

Hello all This is my first time here and I am exploring the surgery. I just recently had a laporscopy to see if what was causing all my was endo and it wasn't, I was clean. I have a very strong history of ovarian and uterine cancer in my family both sides of my family and my dr recommended having a full hysterectomy. my question is will removing my uterus make everything else inside me "drop"? my aunt told me that having my uterus removed my bladder will drop and i will have to have the mesh sling thing put in. is this true? What are the complications with having everything removed other than immediate menopause?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Re: will having uterus removed cause more problems

hi! I'm new here too and wondering the same things about causing more problems. Are your ovaries causing problems? if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I've heard you should keep your ovaries whenever possible. what diagnosis are they giving you that hysterectomy would cure?
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Re: will having uterus removed cause more problems

I am 38 I have one 4yo daughter and have been unsuccessful with getting pregnant for over 3.5y now. The reason I am looking into it is my grandmother (p) died from ovarian cancer at the age of 51, my mother had ovarian cancer at the age of 26 and went through a year of cemo (I remember it very well I was only 9 years old and it was the same time my grandmother died) I am doing this so my daughter and family do not have to go through what I went through as a young child and I do not want to go through what my mother went through. Also my aunt (p) has just finally after 11 months of cemo and radiation is finally in remission for breast cancer. She too went through ovarian cancer in her late 20s.

I had a cancer scare at the age of 24 I only have one ovary because of it. I was the "lucky" one I don't want to press my luck. Having the hysto will give me a 95% chance of being cancer free as well as 50% for BC. My family on my fathers side dies very young both the men and women and as for my mothers side I don't know I have no contact with them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register