sutures on the outside? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sutures on the outside? sutures on the outside?

Unread 06-24-2013, 04:48 PM
sutures on the outside?

Hi there...I have sutures on the outside of the vagina, on both sides in my groin area, they are dissolvable, but not quite dissolved. In the hospital one of my doctors told me they are associated with the vaginal vault suspension. they don't give me any trouble, are not bothersome at all..but I'm wondering if anyone else had this after TVH, also AP repair and bladder lift. I was in surgery for 3 hours. Wednesday is week 4.

Just curious. I never thought to pursue it before, but I see no mention of anything like this in other posts.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Re: sutures on the outside?

i had a TAH and no sutures on the outside just sterry strips...all my stitches where inside....
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:15 PM

I wa told I would probably have some external sutures but didn't end up with any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2013, 12:34 AM

My TVH was on Friday June 21st. I also had a bladder sling put in. When I came out of surgery my doctor informed me that my bowels had fallen during surgery so he had to sew that up as well. Anyway, I also have those same incisions. Mine weren't stitched but held closed with steri-strips. They haven't bothered me much. Except fir the occasional itchiness. The strips fell off almost as soon as I got home on Sat. I am going to have my catheter taken out in the morning by my urologist. It's been in since surgery and can't come out quick enough! Lol! I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly and I am able to urinate on my own.

Happy Healing
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM

I had a nondissolvable stitch in each side from my sling. They were snipped out at my 1 week checkup.
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:54 AM

Thanks everyone! I was wondering if I was some kind of freak or something....maybe he said it was from the sling...I was pretty drugged up at the time

Skeeter; good luck with that catheter removal today....you'll feel so much better with that out!

Happy healing to all!
Diva
Unread 06-25-2013, 08:33 AM
sutures on the outside?

Thanks, Diva! I just left the urologists office and I feel like a million bucks! I can't believe that almost all of the pain and pressure I was having was from that catheter! Now I have painful spasms while peeing. But at least it's not constant. I can't wait to live everyday life without a pee pad in!
  Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaDiva View Post
Thanks everyone! I was wondering if I was some kind of freak or something....maybe he said it was from the sling...I was pretty drugged up at the time

Skeeter; good luck with that catheter removal today....you'll feel so much better with that out!

Happy healing to all!
Diva

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register