4 week checkup | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 week checkup 4 week checkup

Unread 03-07-2002, 04:01 PM
4 week checkup

{{{{{{{Sisters}}}}}}}}}

Thought I'd post an update. I had my 4 week checkup today, and it went ok. I cried and cried to my doc explaining the depression, lack of sleep due to hotflashes, and all the other stuff I've been going through. (TAH / BSO 2-6-02, no HRT's yet due to endo). She decided to start me on Vival .75 and add progesterone later on if needed. I also take a wide variety of vitamins (I am underweight and lactose intolerant). Are there any additional vitamin or holistic supplements that I can take? She also opted to keep me out of work the entire 8 weeks (was going to send me back at 6), because my abdominal muscles aren't healing as quickly as she had expected..........yes, I got yelled at for over doing it!!!! She told my husband to make sure I don't do too much, and he said "yeah, YOU tell her!!!!" I really don't notice that I'm over doing it until my belly swells :-) Any-who.........just wanted to give all my sisters an update. Thanks for listening to me cry these past 2 weeks.......they have been very hard for me. I have been feeling very worthless and uncomfortable with myself, and you have all made me feel like a princess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:48 PM
4 week checkup

Thanks for the update, Tami Sounds like your doctor is really listening to you. You're in good hands.

You might want to post your questions related to vitamins and HRT on The Hormone Jungle message board, since that's where you're most likely to find the answers your looking for. No-Hormone Desert Oasis message board might be a good source of information on holistic medicine.

Best wishes and enjoy your extra time of pampering.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register