Thyroid problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thyroid problems Thyroid problems

Unread 05-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Thyroid problems

Help...I am one week until my hyster and my thyroid has swollen up my neck. My last test said my level were fine. I thought I had a sinus infection and slight sore throat and overnight its huge and hard to swollow. I am completely terrified!! I went to the hospital but they didnt do anything..I wait to wait for a unltrasound
I am so very scared and I am only a week away from surgery to find out if there cancer down there. How much more can I take....I am crying all the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Re: thyroid level question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jljkcp View Post
Help...I am one week until my hyster and my thyroid has swollen up my neck. My last test said my level were fine. I thought I had a sinus infection and slight sore throat and overnight its huge and hard to swollow. I am completely terrified!! I went to the hospital but they didnt do anything..I wait to wait for a unltrasound
I am so very scared and I am only a week away from surgery to find out if there cancer down there. How much more can I take....I am crying all the time
Can you call your primary care dr and get in to see them? I doubt it's cancer as it does not swell up overnight... likely some immune reaction possibly? Call your dr and ask to get seen to put your mind at rest. Then stop worrying if you can.
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:44 PM

I've recently been researching and have more than once seen an issue related to it that I wonder if those dealing with it agree....

Supposedly, many people with hypo, when left on the same amount of meds will experience "hypo" in the winter and "hyper" in the summer and some doctors will actually change their patients meds based on the seasons.

Could this be where you're running into issues?
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Hi....I just wanted to follow up on my last post. I had bloodwork and my CBC levels were fine but I am still waiting for my TSH levels. I went to the hospital because my throat had swollen and was there that I had a goitre. Then Monday I saw my GP and had an ultra sound of my thyroid and neck. I was really worried that my thyroid was enlarged..well surprise it is actually so small the tech said it is almost non-existant. My GP has confirmed no goitre, no enlarged thyroid only 1swollen but not serious lymph node...I am battling a sinus infection that wont seem to go away. I am so relieved that I just wanted to share it with someone. 7 days till surgery. I am going to make sure I have my TSH levels rechecked at the post 6 week mark. I guess we have to add thyroid to the long list of things to be concerned about!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register