hysterectomy done ....worried about state of vagina!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy done ....worried about state of vagina!!! hysterectomy done ....worried about state of vagina!!!

Unread 05-27-2015, 12:42 PM
hysterectomy done ....worried about state of vagina!!!

Hi there I have a question. ...I am 1 week post vaginal hysterectomy and am doing good but I am concerned about the way I have been stitched. I have had a look down below with a mirror to assess the damage and it is as rough as I think you would expect apart from I seem to be stitched in the area between the vagina and anus with a dangly bit !! I know things are swollen down there and all that but it just doesn't look a very neat job ...has anyone else had similar issues??

Don't get me wrong I am grateful the op was done as I had a prolapse of bowel uterus and bladder but I am not liking this new addition to my anatomy....a little worried....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Re: hysterectomy done ....worried about state of vagina!!!

I actually looked with a mirror the other day to see if I was starting a yeast infection and saw nothing but red, irritated skin. But I also noticed everything looks very different. I had a vaginal hysterectomy, and it looks like someone took scissors and snipped all over like a kid might do to a piece of paper to make frayed decoration. I can't figure out if it's cuts made in the vagina or if it's pieces hanging about that shouldn't be. It's not like anything is hanging on the outside, but it just didn't seem right.
Unread 05-29-2015, 09:46 PM
Re: hysterectomy done ....worried about state of vagina!!!

we are so glad that you have joined us. Honey, you are very early in your recovery and your female parts have been greatly traumatized. At this stage there is still a lot of swelling that is taking place and it is going to be a while before you will know what your "nether regions" are really going to look like. Have you tried using icepacks? A tip I learned on HS was to take a pad, soak it with water and then freeze it. It is very soothing and just the right size and you can put in neatly inside your undies.

I hope your swelling goes down quickly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2015, 10:21 AM
hysterectomy done ....worried about state of vagina!!!

Thanks for your replies ..It is early days ..It is just such a shock to not recognizer your girly bits . Hopefully they will come good. Thanks for advice on ice packs x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register