I'm a freakshow. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm a freakshow. I'm a freakshow.

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I'm a freakshow.

You should see me each time someone tells me that they are just getting over something or they are coughing or sneeze or ANYTHING. It's like they have the plague. Or like I got an electric shock from being near them. Oh and around little kids--I practically hold my breath until they're not around me anymore.
When I went out to get my mandatory post-holiday half price candy, the guy at checkout told me he was just getting over being sick. When I got home, first I dumped all the candy out of its packages on the counter, threw out the store bag & the candy bags, boiled myself and then re-packaged them in ziplocs.
Yowsa!
Fro-yo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm a freakshow.

I am so glad someone else came clean with this new fobia. I find myself carry around my hand sanatizer and using it OFTEN. When someone sneezes or coughs I make a huge circle around them and also hold my breath. What are we becoming...
Unread 02-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm a freakshow.

I just bought that hand sanitizer, too! I met some friends friday night and one of them hacked up a lung on me! He explained that he has walking pneumonia! After that, I told hubby I am not leaving the house until we got to the hospital = because if I get sick and this thing is cancelled... you will hear me yelling wherever you sisters are all over the globe! I thought it was just me... thanks for sharing!:eyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm a freakshow.

I'm two weeks post-op and I can tell you that I avoided sick people like the plague, too. I was so afraid I would come down with something and my surgery would be canceled! I think it's pretty normal to feel that way. Especially when you just want to get it over with.

Stay healthy, everyone!
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Haha

Glad to see I am not the only one like this. I was the same way pre-op as I knew I was having my surgrey for 6 weeks so I was dipping my hands in the bleach water at work as I work with the public and handle money at my day job, the one I had then. One guy handed me money after wiping his nose with his hand (and then touching money I would have to touch) and coughing up a lung spitting phlegm into the trash beside him. That is disgusting even when not trying to stay well for surgery.
I put on the disposable gloves (in front of him) before touching anything he had touched and wiped the counter area down with bleach in front of him after he was done. That was just nasty.
I did up my vitamin C intake before surgery as well and washed my hands constantly, that is the number one thing we can do to prevent colds and flu as washing our hands. I was dipping mine in bleach water when I was at work, I didn't care, I waited a long time to have this done (hyst.) and was gonna do everything I could to not get what everyone else had and I never did. I stopped wearing my rings so I could wash hands with disinfectant and bleach water and not ruin the rings. I thought I was the only who did stuff like this, thank you for the thread....
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm a freakshow.

The week before my surgery, the woman who sat in the cubicle across from me (short-walled cubicles, at that) came down with the flu or TB or whooping cough or the Black Plague or something else just as horrible. She'd sit there and cough and hack and spew germs in my general direction, never once covering her mouth or caring that if I caught whatever icky thing she had, my surgery would be canceled.

After enduring it as long as I could, I finally had enough and sprayed her with Lysol. She never coughed on me again. (Come to think of it, I'm not sure she ever coughed again at all! Maybe I cured her? )
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm a freakshow.

I wished I had thought about Lysol with the man I talked about, coughing all over the counter, not covering his mouth at least. Is why I didn't care if I offended him bleaching and spraying with him still there, at least cover the mouth....
Maybe you cured her where she can't get any germs to spread around to others.....haha....
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm a freakshow.

shashi that is too funny....
i have three cans of apple lysol, so i guess all the people i have asked to stay home who wont to see me before i go into the hospital can came now.!!!
with one condition - a lysol spraying at the front door (i wonder if they would be in to that) lol lol...

i cant tell you how happy i am to hear you are all behaving the same as me, or I as you,..

my handbag has two hand sanitizers in it because im do worried ill forget it i pack it twice.

so good to feel a little normal thankyou all..

best wishes, good luck with your upcoming sergeries, or recoveries.
lets raise our glasses or mugs to a germ free febuary, and march too for that matter cheers!
Unread 02-15-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm a freakshow.

I am soooooo glad I am not alone!!!! My DH keeps laughing at me, as I hold my breath walking into large groups of ppl who might possibly sneeze...as i put at least 1 or 2 bottles of hand sanitizer in my purse...as I constantly run to bathroom to wash hands after shaking someones hand...

Tiffany
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm a freakshow.

I've got you all beat....

My 3 kids ALL came down with strep in the week before my op!!! I had them in the EMERGENCY ROOM... and was on the phone with my doc while walking out of the hospital having him phone in a prescription for e-mycin for me!!! My kids were so happy when I got home post-op.... They could finally give me "real" kisses!!! LOL When I got to the hospital on the day of my surgery, they were concerned because my hands were peeling... due to the bleach wash that I used every 5 minutes for 6 days pre-op.

No Ladies, you're not at all strange!!! You just know that the wait is the hardest part... and you don't want to prolong it at all!!!

Stay Strong and Heal Well!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register