Did anyone besides me 'name' their fibroid or uterus? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone besides me 'name' their fibroid or uterus? Did anyone besides me 'name' their fibroid or uterus?

Unread 05-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Did anyone besides me 'name' their fibroid or uterus?

Maybe it's the hormones or anxiety but I gave my biggest fibroid a petname--"Lumpy".

Somehow when facing major surgery, it seemed less scary, more personal and almost cute. Friends would ask how 'Lumpy' was doing today. I blamed all my weight gain on 'Lumpy' and was quite disappointed and yes, chagrinned, when 'Lumpy' did not weigh the 12 lbs that I was sure it weighed! Now Lumpy and his two smaller friends are gone...yeh!

I figure that men give their 'friend' cutesy names, so I did too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 05:53 PM

I called my 2 fibroids Thelma and Louise...when I found that 3 fibroids had been removed, I could have named them The Three Stooges, for the amount of trouble they caused me! Yes, giving them a name made things a little less scary. ( My fibroids appeared suddenly over the course of just a few months...grew very rapidly...I went from my initial diagnosis to surgery in 3 1/2 weeks.)
Unread 05-20-2006, 05:55 PM

Oh Yes! I only had one fibroid but did it ever cause me problems. I too named mine because so much of my life was affected by that stinker I figured I should give him a name. I named him Floyd the Fibroid!
I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who did this! When I would tell my friends and family about Floyd they would look at me like I had lost my mind! Now I am celebrating that Floyd is no longer with me and of course I don't miss him one bit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 11:50 PM

I think it is a great coping device to name the invading horde. Initially I thought I was naming three, which then changed to seven after test, plus the extra chacter that was found at surgery. Marvin was the biggest alien. If II had thought it through I could have named them after the seven dwarves and still had marvin.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only "crazy" gal out there.
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:29 AM

My nurses in the hospital asked me if I named mine, lol....I just called it "that thang", lol.....I had the Dr. takes pictures of it in the OR and my brother and sister went and got the pics developed for me right after my surgery so I could see it. I guess it was kinda funny because the nurses would come in and I would show my pics of "that thang" and they said I should name it. I guess I was kinda like a proud parent showing off what they had produced!!
Unread 05-21-2006, 08:12 AM

I named my growing ovarian cyst...DeeDee - short for Denise my DH's exwife....My fibroids werent real big, it was DeeDee that gave me grief!
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:08 PM

How funny I thought I was the only one ! I named mine muchacha so I could say "Adios Muchacha" I even wrote a short story when in the Castle and shared it with the nurses, doctor,family and friends. They probably thought I was still on Meds Maybe I'll post it on this site soon to share with all you princesses. On the way to mending well
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:32 PM

I named my ovarian tumour Bert, and when asked why Bert, it was because of all the trouble in my life, men caused it, so it had to be a male. Also because it made it easier to talk to my DS about with a name than say cancer or tumour.
Unread 05-21-2006, 04:10 PM

Hi nbsista
Yes please do post your poem. Isn't it nice to know that others are as crazy you start to think you are? I was privately thinking 'My god woman...you're losing it! What will you name next? Your BMs???'
Unread 05-21-2006, 04:57 PM

Hi all Here is my story Enjoy!!
ADIOS MUCHACHA!!!!

THE JOURNEY STARTS AROUND 5AM ON A BEAUTIFUL MONDAY MORNING IN APRIL. I’M EXCITED, A TINGE NERVOUS BUT EXTREAMLY HAPPY. MY AUNT FLO WILL NO LONGER BE WIH US. DON’T GET ME WRONG SHE SERVED A PURPOSE THAT NO ONE WILL EVER RELPLACE. MY LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY DIFFERENT IF SHE HADN’T BEEN MY AUNT FOR THE LAST THIRTY FIVE YEARS. SHE HELPED BRING ME THE MIRICLE OF THE MOST PRECIOUS GIFT GOD CAN GIVE YOU.
MY TWO CHILDREN NICK AND VANESSA. WHO ARE MY PRIDE AND JOY

TODAY HER BEST FRIEND WILL ALSO NO LONGER BE WITH US HER NAME IS MUCHACHA. MUCHACHA STARTED OUT AS A NEAR AND DEAR FRIEND TOO. BUT IN THE LAST EIGHT YEARS OF MY LIFE, SHE HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A SNEAKY, NASTY *****. YOU KNOW THE KIND OF FRIEND WHO STARTED OUT AS A BEST FRIEND THEN SLOWLY STARTS TO TURN ON YOU, LITTLE BY LITTLE UNTIL IT’S TO LATE TO RELIZE THAT EVERY THING AS YOU KNEW IT, IS SO DIFFERENT FROM YEARS BEFORE.

MUCHACHA ALSO HAD FRIENDS TO HELP HER IN HER CAPERS. FIBE AND ROID. ROID THE LARGER OF THE TWO WAS A NASTY BUM WHO COULD SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU. FIBE COULD ALSO HOLD HIS OWN, ONE OF THOSE CLINGY TYPES. HE WOULD JUST CLAMP ON TO ANYONE AND ANYTHING AROUND HIM, CAUSING HAVOC ALL AROUND. .JUST A REAL PAIN IN THE…
WELL YOU KNOW WHERE.

IT ALL STARTED OUT SO EASY, MY AUNT FLO WOULD COME TO VISIT ONCE MONTH FOR 3-4 DAYS LIKE CLOCKWORK. JUST LIKE THE OLD SAYING ABOUT FISH AND COMPANY, AFTER THREE DAYS THEIR OUT, AND THAT WORKED WITH FLO. SHE KNEW WHEN TO LEAVE EVERY MONTH WITHOUT BEING A BURDEN. MUCHACHA WAS VERY COOPERATIVE TOO. NEVER HEARD A PEEP FROM HER, THAT WAS UNTIL ABOUT SEVEN MONTHS AGO.

SO I FINALLY STARTED TO TALK TO MY DOCTOR ABOUT THE WHOLE BUNCH. SOMETIMES IT’S EASIER TO GET RID OF THE ALL OF THEM, RATHER THAN TO TRY TO ELIMINATE THEM ONE BY ONE. THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND WAY TO LONG. I FEEL BAD TO THROW AUNT FLO IN WITH THE WHOLE BUNCH BUT YOU GOTTA GO WHEN YOU GOTTA GO.

DR.D FOR SHORT IS A VERY KIND AND UNDERSTANDING PERSON. THE BEST IN HER FIELD AS I HEAR. A VERY SKILLED SURGEON. SHE REMINDS ME A GOOD FAMILY FRIEND SO THERE IS A COMFORT I FIND IN THAT. SHE AND I BOTH AGREE THEY HAVE TO BE DELT WITH. NO NEED TO BE NICE ABOUT IT. ADIOS MUCHACHA AND TO THE WHOLE GANG!! DR. D’S PARTNER IN THIS IS A VERY HAPPY DR. DR. FEEL GOOD AS I’VE REFERED TO HIM

SO ON THIS APRIL MORNING I LEAVE BRIGHT AND EARLY TO THE CASTLE I GO. THIS IS SO COOL I HAVE LADIES IN WAITING WEARING ONE OF MY FAVORITE COLORS, BLUE. HOW DID THEY KNOW? THE CASTLE SITS ON TOP OF THE BLUFF OVERLOOKING THE BEAUTIFUL PACIFIC OCEAN WITH VIEWS FAR AND WIDE. THE ISLAND OF CATALINA SITS OFF IN THE DISTANCE CALLING FOR US TO VISIT SOON. I PROMISE I WILL. I’M TAKEN TO A MAGICAL ROOM, A PLACE WHERE MUCHACHA WILL MEET HER DEMISE.

WHAT GOES ON IN THERE I WILL NEVER REALLY KNOW. DR FEEL GOOD DOES HIS MACIC AND I SLEEP WITH WONDERFUL DREAMS OF PLAYING, DANCING, SKIING, CYCLING….ETC. ALLTHE THINGS I USED TO DO BEFORE MUCHACHA STARTED HER EVIL DOINGS. THE SKILLED HANDS AND MIND OF DR. D ARE ALSO HARD AT WORK. UNFORTUNATLY FIBE HAS CLUNG TO A HELPLESS LITTLE OVARIE. THERE IS NO HOPE IN SAVING HER. I’M SURE IT WILL BE A BIT OF A STRUGGLE. I CAN’T IMAGINE MUCHACHA GIVING UP TOO EASY. I’LL MISS LITTLE OVARIE, BUT I’LL STILL HAVE HER IDENTICAL TWIN ONE IS BETTER THAN NONE.

DR.D AND DR. FEEL GOOD HAVE GIVEN ME MY LIFE BACK. I LOOK FORWARD TO GOING HOME TO PAMPER THE PRINCESS. I LOVE BEING WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. PARTICIPATING IN LIFE. NO MORE EXCUSES…..ADIOS MUCHACHA!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register