Scheduled LSH Biopsy failed due to scar tissue at cervix... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Biopsy failed due to scar tissue at cervix... Biopsy failed due to scar tissue at cervix...

Unread 07-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Biopsy failed due to scar tissue at cervix...

I haven't posted in a few weeks.... Had pelvic pain, thought it was Crohn's disease, but CT indicated enlarged uterus. Went to GYN, she did vaginal US said uterus infected, gave me two antibiotics, was to do a biopsy on 6/14 before a LSH later in June.

BUT had a MAJOR crohn's flare causing rectal bleeding, landing me in hospital for 4 days when biopsy was scheduled! While in hospital, had another vaginal & abdominal ultrasound...GYN docs in hospital agreed that I need a Hyster and said to follow up ASAP when I got out.

Two ultrasounds indicate thickening uterine lining: 13 mm on 5/31/11 and 16 mm on 6/14/11. Had an ablation so no bleeding, no idea if pre or perimenopausal! Only symptom was major pelvic pain.

Endo biopsy was rescheduled for today. But my GYN couldn't insert the scope ...even tried to put a grip on my cervix to try to diolate it!! Nothing....major pain.

Said it was scar tissue or large fibroid blocking uterine entrance. I asked if a D&C would be next and she said no that even if I was knocked out, the cervix was like a "brick wall" and she probably wouldn't be able to get thru. And could risk perforating the uterine wall, which would require emergency surgery right then.

So, we are proceeding with surgery without knowing if the cells are cancerous in advance. I asked her if she could test samples while I was on operating table just to see if anything else should be removed -- like lymph nodes -- and she said yes. But also said that more than likely IF it is cancer it is contained in the uterus based on ultrasound results.

So, I am having an LSH w/BSO and it is tentatively scheduled for 7/19. I will confirm on Tuesday morning.

At least I know the exact surgery (and that she agrees to take out ovaries, tubes & uterus) and a general idea of date and can get things finalized around house. I'm ready to get it all out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Re: Biopsy failed due to scar tissue at cervix...

allicat,

Sorry your biopsy didn't go as planned, glad you have your date and can start to get things ready.

Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery.

Unread 07-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Re: Biopsy failed due to scar tissue at cervix...

sorry that things didn't work out for you. Let us know how the surgery goes...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register