Pls tell me when ovaries will wake :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pls tell me when ovaries will wake :( Pls tell me when ovaries will wake :(

Unread 11-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Pls tell me when ovaries will wake :(

I'm having a hard time. I've participated in conversations where sisters have mentioned sleeping ovaries . But I need to know how long . I have NO DOUBT my ovaries are sleeping . I'm 5 wks post op. TAH- took tubes , cervix and uterus.
My face is all broke out, I have has a headache for 2 weeks , I'm boiling at night , I'm tired , my anxiety is up like it used to get right before my period .
My skin is crawling itchy , I'm crying at everything or irritable and mean . I'm generally a very happy positive person .
I don't see my obgyn until dec 5th .
For those of u who have had sleeping ovaries when did they wake up, or did they ? How did u know . Pls share ur experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Re: Pls tell me when ovaries will wake :(

My remaining ovary didn't wake up til 10 weeks post op, actually it woke up between 7-10 weeks, but I didn't find out til 10 weeks. I was a mess!! I had bloodwork @ 6 weeks post op that said I was in menopause & my dr said that he thought my ovary was done. I saw him @ 10 weeks post op due to pain & my patch not working. He did repeat bloodwork & it said my ovary was awake & functioning! I was still having hot flashes & other symptoms so I switched from patch to pull. It took me about 2 more weeks & I finally felt better. He told me to just stay on the pill. I was just diagnosed with interstitial cystitis or painful bladder syndrome by the same dr. I am in treatment for it & I don't want to try to go off estrogen pill to see what happens.
Unread 11-18-2013, 01:57 PM

I am almost 1 yr post of from TVH and am just now feeling these effects. I felt great and did great after surgery but about 2 months ago I started having the night sweats, insomnia, and depression. Did you ever start feeling better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzyque3 View Post
I'm having a hard time. I've participated in conversations where sisters have mentioned sleeping ovaries . But I need to know how long . I have NO DOUBT my ovaries are sleeping . I'm 5 wks post op. TAH- took tubes , cervix and uterus.
My face is all broke out, I have has a headache for 2 weeks , I'm boiling at night , I'm tired , my anxiety is up like it used to get right before my period .
My skin is crawling itchy , I'm crying at everything or irritable and mean . I'm generally a very happy positive person .
I don't see my obgyn until dec 5th .
For those of u who have had sleeping ovaries when did they wake up, or did they ? How did u know . Pls share ur experience
Dang Suzzy I sure hope mine wake up before 5 weeks. I am 6 days they took me uterus cervix and scraped one ovary that had scar tissue.
Unread 11-18-2013, 03:48 PM

I talked to my sister who is going through reg menopause and age said no doubt my ovaries are not functioning . I'm going to go to my fam dr on wed get them to do blood . Ill keep you all posted. Anything specific re bloodwork : like what they should test . I like to go in and say this is exactly what test I need in case they don't understand since its not my obgyn
Unread 11-18-2013, 04:29 PM

Morning , we had the same surgery . My ovaries are working fine, I can even feel my right throbbing today like I'm ovulating. Before surgery I was a heap of vitamins from naturopath, one of them is macca powder. It's great for everything, especially the ovaries and hormones. I have a heaped tea spoon in the afternoon in a drink. You can get this powder from the health food shop in the mean time . Just a suggestion. Good luck
Unread 11-18-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzyque3 View Post
I talked to my sister who is going through reg menopause and age said no doubt my ovaries are not functioning . I'm going to go to my fam dr on wed get them to do blood . Ill keep you all posted. Anything specific re bloodwork : like what they should test . I like to go in and say this is exactly what test I need in case they don't understand since its not my obgyn
You really are early on post op. It can take longer than 4-6 weeks for the ovaries to wake back up. I don't think testing at this point in your recovery is going to be very useful. You do need to be patient and give your body time to recover from surgery and your ovaries a chance to wake back up.

Unread 11-18-2013, 04:49 PM

The first couple of days no doubt mine weren't working, hot flashes, cold hands & feet. I was on the phone with a friend and broke out in a super hot flashes, visibly sweating, clothes soaked etc. from that day forward my symptoms are gone. I think my ovaries shook off the drugs and said hey we are supposed to be functioning. Best of luck to you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register