going to castle may 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going to castle may 9 going to castle may 9

Unread 04-28-2006, 06:37 PM
going to castle may 9

ARIAL BLACKDARK GREEN
I am having a tih on may 9, wondering if anyone could give any tips on anything special to take to castle to make the stay easier. How many pillows do i need when i get home. does a heating pad help any advice would so be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
going to castle may 9

Hey, lakelover! You're going in the day after me. It seems to me there's a list on this site somewhere regarding what to take with you. I'll look around, and if I locate it I'll be back to post it. A few "musts" from my own previous hosptial stays are:

1. Lip balm--I swear by Carmex
2. My own pillow because hospitals don't have feather pillows LOL!
3. Toothbrush, hair brush, toothpaste, disposable face cleansing pads
4. Im' also taking my Hystersister pillow for holding against my tummy when coughing or laughing.
5. Loose clothing for the ride home and slip-on shoes
6. Cell phone
7. Bag for hanging on the bed with all the small things I'm taking so it's right there when I need it.
8. Paper and pen to keep track of visitors and people I want to thank and general notes because my mind goes foggy when taking pain medication.
9. Goody basket for pre-op staff and the nurses working the unit where I'll spend my days in the castle.
10. Gown to change into after that post-op shower and a robe and slippers for roaming the halls during those much-needed post-op walks.

I leave all my valuables at home.

Maxine
Unread 04-28-2006, 10:29 PM
going to castle may 9

Hi lakelover64 and Maxine0508!
Along with what Maxine0508 mentioned, (I had a TAH on April 12th, 2006), I also took my own pads (the ones in the hospital don't have any sticky on the bottom to stick to your underpants and weren't that long), and cotton briefs. I got one size larger cotton briefs as I knew my belly was going to be swelly! I also didn't wear ANY jewelry.
You'll both be celebrating no more periods and happy New Life!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2006, 11:05 PM
going to castle may 9

I took very little and still had to much stuff.

1. Own pajamas to change into
2. Own socks with grip bottom
3. Cell phone (a must)
4. Toiletries, toothbrush, shampoo, makeup, etc
5. Book to read (never did read, watched tv instead)
6. Clothes to wear home

I think you should take whatever you think you will need. I tried to take very little as I knew I would not be there long. I also knew that I would have quite a few flowers to take home also.

I had a hard time staying in bed (anxious to get out) that I spent little time in bed. I was walking the halls, sitting in a chair in my room, sitting on the bed. I usually only laid down when I was napping or sleeping in the evening.
Unread 04-29-2006, 02:49 AM
going to castle may 9

Maxine0508, what did you put in your goodie basket for the staff? I like to do things like that. My grandpa always had me bring goodies to the hospital so he could give them to the nurses and he got excellent care. Of course, he was a real charmer and looked like Ronald Reagan and that didn't hurt.
Unread 04-29-2006, 05:27 PM
THank you for all your help

tahoma2medium turquoise
Thank you all so much for the suggestions. I am making myself notes on what to take to the hospital. I want to wish everyone else good luck with their surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register