funky odor | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-01-2006, 02:22 PM
funky odor

im having a funky odor and a bit of discharge, but no bleeding. slight pain, not enough to warrent even an ibuprofen.

is this normal? or should i call the dr?

thanks bunches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2006, 02:29 PM
funky odor

i would call the dr. do you have a fever?
Unread 07-01-2006, 02:29 PM
funky odor

no fever that i can tell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2006, 03:05 PM
funky odor

Im 9 days post op and I just started this today too. I believe that I read somewhere that it is part of the healing process? I think as long as there is no fever you are fine but if you would feel better, I would call your dr.
Unread 07-01-2006, 03:18 PM
funky odor

yeah, i called. all part of the process. woohoo. guess it better than the bleeding that was due to start today or tomorrow
Unread 07-01-2006, 03:59 PM
funky odor

LOL! I'm right there with ya. My period would have started tomorrow. Yay! No more terrible bleeding and pain. I will take this anyday over that. Glad its nothing to be worried about...
Unread 07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
funky odor

Some of you do not have the type of surgery you had listed, so I can just tell you my experience with a TVH. At day 13 I began having a clearish/pale yellowish discharge with a strange odor. Sometimes looked mucousy if that makes sense. I had NO bleeding or discharge even in the castle, so I worried. I called and my nurse pract said I was right on schedule. That the internal stitches cause unusual discharge and odor when dissolving and days 10-21 were about when. She said (and I would encourage you as well!!) to call back, night or day if I had a temp, discharge looked cottage cheesey or was green or brown of if I wondered at all to be safe. I'd call if you want to be certain, but if my jazz sounds like your timing and such, it could be the same for you! Blessings and healing, sisters!!
Unread 07-02-2006, 12:06 PM
funky odor

I'm with you also, started having discharge about day 10, called dr and the nurse told me to come in and be checked. He said that it was part of the healing process, that it was normal, and gave me some "cream" to put on it, is what he said. So I went to pick up this cream at the pharmacy and when I got home and opened it I thought you have got to be kidding me. It came with this mini turkey baster, that you fill and squirt it up into you to help stitches heal and make discharge go away. So when my hubby got home I asked him if he would baste and stuff me tonight, and when I showed him what I was talking about, you should have seen the look on his face, It was priceless, just too funny.
Unread 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
funky odor

I also had been actually spotting till a few days ago(will be 7wks out on the 4th)- then had the different sorta discharge, light yellowish/orange... then strange odor- I had heard this could happen & blew it off- ended up with light fever & cramping pretty bad, had to go into the ER yesterday- I have a combo of 2 different Vaginal infections- & now have double dose of antibiotics. I learned the hard way- if EVER in doubt ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call the doctor.
Unread 07-02-2006, 08:45 PM
funky odor

I had a yellow discharge that started about 5 weeks after my LSH. It eventually turned into a brown, heavy, and very smelly discharge - I had no fever. Turns out it was a bacterial infection. I believe that when in doubt, call your doctor!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register