81 hrs to go.......hubby says to me!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

81 hrs to go.......hubby says to me!!!!!!!! 81 hrs to go.......hubby says to me!!!!!!!!

Unread 09-13-2002, 07:52 PM
81 hrs to go.......hubby says to me!!!!!!!!

Geez- like I am not nervous enough I am living with a comedian!!
I came home from the lunch-hour job I have with elementary children and hubby says- you're now on sick leave. I was wanting to freak out and run so fast the opposite direction when my co-workers were all wishing me the best and I was leaving for the next 4-6 weeks, man, I am gonna miss the kiddies. Then I come home and he says that and I told him I changed my mind. He says no, you didn't, too late, you have already signed all the papers. Called the docs office today as I started my period and nurse mentioned it to him and he said- thats ok- go on as planned. Crap!!!!! There is no getting out of this now! I have to at least remove the remaining ovary as it is enlarged and cystic and from ovulation to one week after my menses I am in pain.That is 3 weeks out of 4. Why would I want to cancel? If time is what I want...thats not gonna solve this nervous anxiety I feel. That will always be there. I was given the oppurtunity to do a complete because I would need HRT anyhow and after discussion with hubby, docs, many of you........This is a sound decision......just being a wienie!! Sorry- solved my own dilemma for the moment anyhow. 81 hrs!!!!! I say "crap" again!!! Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2002, 08:03 PM

Hi Julie,

The last few days were the worst for me! I was glued to this site reading everything I could find from new as well as checking and rechecking my lists --- called 'em my Hyster Lists!

Do yourself a favor and do stuff this weekend you won't be able to do for a while --- go to a movie (trust me, you won't be sitting for extended periods of time!), take your boxer for a walk (another after surgery) --- that kind of stuff.

Go by the library and get plenty of books to read and stock up on movies too!

I'll look for you on the postop side!

s
Unread 09-13-2002, 08:06 PM

I couldn't stand the hours before surgery. Fear of the unknown is so much worse than the actual operation!!

I kept thinking that I wished there were a way to postpone surgery--but then I realized I'd just be postponing agony. I wanted it OVER...not postponed!

Drink lots of water so you are well-hydrated (makes everything easier). Then eat lightly the day before and enjoy your time at the castle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2002, 08:07 PM
(((((HUGS)))))

What you are feeling is totally normal. I remember feeling like this b4 my hyster. Just remember what you have to gain from having this surgery....freedom from pain, heavy bleeding...all those loverley things we women 'have' to put up with!
I will be thinking of you.
Unread 09-13-2002, 08:51 PM

The days before surgery are pretty bleak. I almost changed my mind so many times in the last few days pre-surgery. I was frantically searching this site for any information I could find. I am now a year post-op and I want you to know things do improve.

Best of luck to you.

Love,
Maggie
Unread 09-13-2002, 09:01 PM

You had surgery on 9/11? What was THAT like? You must have missed most of it, which might have been a good thing. :-(
Unread 09-13-2002, 09:08 PM

bookaholic, it was pretty odd. When I awoke from anesthesia I heard my husband say,"should I tell her?" The doctor replied, "She'll find out eventually anyway..." I got so upset because I thought they were talking about me having cancer. When, of course, he meant should he tell me about the tragedy that happened while I was in surgery. AAAAAhhhhhh...but my aches and pains seemed very small when my head cleared and I was able to comprehend what had happened.

Love,
Maggie
Unread 09-13-2002, 09:10 PM

When you were saying, "Should we tell her," *I* thought you meant that you had cancer as well.

What a WEIRD feeling that must have been. Honestly, it was probably to your advantage. Actually seeing it all live on TV was horrible.
Unread 09-13-2002, 09:11 PM

JulieS...I will be thinking about you on the 17th and sending good thoughts your way!!!!!!!!

Love,
Maggie
Unread 09-13-2002, 09:20 PM

bookaholic, I am glad I did not see it live on TV. My surgeon did not know if her husband was dead or alive for many hours. He flew out of Newark for LA 15 minutes before the first strike. The plane that crashed in PA was a plane from Newark to LA. I am very glad she did not know what was going on either. (Her husband was on another plane, thank God!)

There are quite a few sisters who had their surgeries then. We had a thread a few months ago just for this topic because we all needed to talk about it.

Maggie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register