Little Miss Cranky Pants | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Little Miss Cranky Pants Little Miss Cranky Pants

Unread 01-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

I thought the mood swings were supposed to come AFTER my ovaries were removed. I am the crabbiest person for one minute and then sad and apologetic the next.

What's going to happen when I'm huevo-less?

I just want to go home and go to bed and not wake up until it's time for surgery. Blah!

Is it just the stress and anticipation of the surgery? I didn't think I was this bad before...

Just call me Little Miss Cranky Pants! (if you dare!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

ME TOO!

ONE MINUTE I'M HAPPY.......THEN, I'M CRYING........NEXT,DR.JEKYLL-MR.HYDE.

I GUESS ITS ALL THE STRSS, CAN'T WAIT UNTILL ITS OVER!
Unread 01-27-2005, 01:45 PM
Miss Cranky Pants #2

I am the same way! You are not alone. Luckily, just about everyone in my path knows whats going on with me so they have a little more patience with me. I've also gotten in the habit that if I know I'm having a bad day, mood wise, I try to let those that are close to me know so that they dont' take anything personally.
You will get through this! And if nothing else, you can always beat the snot out of an old pillow or go to the batting cages and smack the <oops! Please don't attempt to bypass the website censor.> out of a few baseballs!
from one cranky pants to another!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

I think what you are going through is completely normal-I hope so anyway, since I am going through the same thing.-YIKES!! I don't know how my husband puts up with me now, it's hard to imagine getting any worse. My surgery is scheduled for 02/04.
I am trying to stay as positive as possible and I am keeping myself as busy as possible too to avoid thinking about any more that I have to.
Hang in there, just try to take it a day at a time. Or like me, an hour at a time.
Unread 01-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

Thank you all!!!! I was starting to think I was going crazy(er)!

I've been worrying all day about if they might find something other than Endo and Adeno in there when I have my surg. Not that those aren't enough - I just feel like there ought to be something huge and ugly in there to justify the pain I feel - not some little black and blue dots on my innards.

I made my DH set up a wireless network in the house for me tonight - ordered the wireless router from Overstock for $40... I'll be able to surf and email and read posts and stuff in bed! Yay!

So at least the day ended on a reasonably positive note - I should go to bed now before anything else can happen!

You guys are lifesavers - thanks again!!!
Unread 01-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

HI. I'm lots and lots nicer now that I've had my hyst. And I don't have any ovaries or hormones left! I cold turkeyed menopause too. Can't have hormones. It was nothing, compared to what else I've been through. Woke up with drenching sweats about a week after surgery, then nothing. I feel great. I did get a little weepy off and on for a few weeks, and the pain didn't help. But now, I am actually looking forward to the radiation treatments to zap any left over evil cancer cells, and then I'm on my way. I'm only having 5 weeks of radio.

I hope all they find is benign little bunches of mischief in you guys!
Unread 01-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

I am with you!!! I am now warning people that I'm feeling pretty much b*&^%y 24/7 and am trying to keep my mouth shut when I'm around people who won't get it....it's like my editor button has malfunctioned!!!!!!!

Deep breaths right???
Unread 01-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

I keep on telling everyone that my sponge, the one that catches all those nasty things that we think but don't say, has atrophied... I just can't seem to stop the words. the way I figure it though is that maybe it's helping everyone around me to understand that this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stressful for me...
Unread 01-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

I thought it was just me that was the moodiest sooky crazy person. i am sure its the lack of sleep from lying there at night thinking of all the what ifs. That cant help surely.

I dont have mine until 16/2 and one day I am cleaning and tidying madly and next crying and thinking who cares I will be dead anyway.

Easier to be a man I can tell you all they have to do is shave. ( How hard can that be for them and it only takes them 8 minutes to get ready to go out)
Unread 01-28-2005, 03:38 AM
Little Miss Cranky Pants

I thought it was just me too that is just totally off the wall lately, though there are precious few moments when I'd actually admit it LOL. Surgery is not going to be anytime soon, certainly not soon enough, but my poor partner keeps telling me I'll "feel better" once this is all behind me. My response can range from a smile with a hand squeeze to a snarling "I'm fine now". Lots of broken egg shells to navigate around here these days. I feel for all my sisters here and send hugs.

Now that batting cage sounds like a great idea....!

cjcj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register