no Aunt Flo...:0( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no Aunt Flo...:0( no Aunt Flo...:0(

Unread 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Re: no Aunt Flo...:0(

Well, I am back! I survived the blood draw, and the nurse was so funny. I was cringing when she was getting ready to take my blood, and when she poked me with the needle. She said "is it really that bad?" and I said "no, i just hate getting this done". She then says "well, nobody likes getting it done....I've never had a patient say, oh good, this is my favorite part!". I got a good laugh out of that.

All they really did was go over a ton of paperwork, and draw blood to make sure I am not anemic or pregnant (yes, still no aunt flo). I had a dr come in and check my breathing and heart, and that was about it. I am glad that dr isn't doing my surgery. He told me he used to be in surgical, and he could do my hysterectomy right through my abdomin in half an hour! I told him I would rather have the two hour lapariscopic proceedure...

I have a package that has 2 pre-moistened medicated wipes that I have to use on my abdomin one the night before the surgery, and the other for the morning of surgery. I DON"T have to a bowel prep!! Yay!! My only stipulation is that I can't eat after midnight, big deal! So, that is over with and I just have a week and a half to go before this is all over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 03:58 PM

MarBow,
Yaayyyy! So glad your pre-op went well! So you have 1 1/2 weeks to go? Uh oh, that means it is 2 1/2 wks for me. yikes!
Taking the day off tomorrow and helping with the school's Fall Festival...
Unread 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM

Ask them to deaden the IV site with a little novacaine or whatever they use - any time they DON'T deaden mine they end up blowing a couple of veins before they get a good one. If they deaden it, they get the first try (probably because I don't feel it and don't move at the wrong time).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM

I am so glad I found this site. Sometime today or tomorrow I am expecting my last visit from Aunt Flo before my procedure and I thought I was crazy for actually feeling melancholy about not having it anymore. Granted it's been the albatross around my neck for years now but I think like you MarBow I will miss it. Funny the things we learn to adapt to, it's a testament to our resilience as women I think. Blessings on your upcoming procedure, I will be right behind you (the middle of November). good luck!
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh View Post
(CHILDREN MENTIONED)
Boo Hoo, Streaky, now I feel old... (jk )
I was 32 when my first child was born...34 with my second. Wanted a third with my current husband. DH even had a vas-reversal, but it just hasn't been in God's plan. That is the hardest part for me.

MarBow, let us know how your pre-op goes today.

dont worry OMGosh, i didnt get to have a third child either. now my choice has been taken from me. all my troubles hit me like a rock, now my only choice is a histo. give more cuddles to the ones you have, thats my plan, also get a puppie to love. thats my advice, .....
Unread 10-29-2010, 04:36 AM

MarBow, I understand your feeling about having blood taken and the IV. You would think I would be used to needles since I'm insulin dependent but I still cringe. I was giving myself my nightly shot last night and wonder where am I going to give my shot after my hys since I give them in my belly. I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I don't go for my pre-op until 2 days before my surgery. Looks like we will be laid up together as my surgery date is 11/10. I'm ready or at least I think I am. Needless, to say this is week 8 of Aunt Flo and I'm ready for her to leave.
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:13 AM

OMGosh, hope you have a great day at the Fall Festival!!

I like the suggestion to numb the IV area, I can't imagine them not being able to get it the first time....ouch!!

It really hit me when I had to sign the release that was headed Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, that this was real, and coming up fast. I have so many mixed feelings. I will be happy without the symptoms (the pain, the heavy periods) and the schedule of Aunt Flo to always show up when I have something special going on. It's funny how she always would rearrange her schedule to show up for those special events; my birthday weekend, vacation, weekend at the waterpark. At least I will never have to worry about those again!! But I am also sad because it will be a change.
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Hi MarBow Im feeling just like you about aunt flo. Im very pleased to see the back of her but in a way I also feel a bit sad! You and I are both scheduled for the 8th November so I will hold your hand from across the ocean and will be thinking of you. Take care xx
Unread 10-29-2010, 08:55 PM

MarBow--- praying for you. If my PMS symptoms are any indication, Aunt Flo might visit me and pitch a fit big enough for the both of us!!!
UGH!
T
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky View Post
...also get a puppie to love...
Oh my, a puppy! Let me see....we have two cats, 3 dogs and 4 goldfish. Plus another dog (a retired plantation dog (blk lab) that chooses to live at our house) and Suzy the german shephard that someone abandoned at our house...Well, long story short, Buddy (retired plantation dog) and Suzy (homeless german shephard) fell in love and had puppies...(yikes!!) We found homes with all, but one that my hubby just "had" to keep (she looks like her daddy) and so we are up to what? 6 dogs, 3 cats and 4 goldfish...We live in rural county area with about 5 acres, so they are happy campers. Good advice, but hmmm, don't need another animal. [insert cheesy grin] Your plan is the same as mine, and that is to give more cuddles to ones I (we) have. Praying for the best for you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register