no more discharge...at all? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no more discharge...at all? no more discharge...at all?

Unread 06-14-2011, 10:46 AM
no more discharge...at all?

I have kept my ovaries with a vaginal hysterectomy. The cervix is gone. After the operation for about 8 weeks, I had watery discharge and it appeared on my panties. Before the operation, I always had a lot of (healthy) discharge depending on the time of the month. sometimes I even had to wear a liner. Now there is nothing on my panties at all...ever. Even with sexual stimulation, there is hardly anything and we have to use ky. This makes me kind of sad, but I'm also wondering if it is the cause of the stinging,and tingling pain I have in the clitoral, urethral area. It aggravates it to sit down and it is hard to fall asleep. I have been trying a little ky applied just during the day for normal activities but it is not helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Re: no more discharge...at all?

I have been wondering myself about the extreme feeling of dryness. My doctor told me I would have vaginal dryness and I can't imagine it would be this dry, but it feels like the right side of my vaginal wall is ripping when I sit down and scoot forward on my chair.

I am 10 weeks past surgery and last night during intimacy even after using KY I felt a ripping like pain on that right side of my vagina and there was a moderate amount of blood which I could not tell if there was damage to the cuff or from that right side but I have not continued to bleed so I am assuming it wasn't damage to the cuff.

I knew I would be having vaginal dryness even without surgery once I had gone into total menopause but it's still distressing to have vaginal dryness to this extent of dryness as well as extremely painful daily and not only when I'm having sex. So does this mean daily lubricant is to become my new focus and friend?

My mind is objecting to introducing alternative fluids in my vagina daily for the rest of my life let alone applying jelly every day with my finger. I feel I am upping my risk of infections by doing that with not having the natural discharge to wash bacteria out. Does anyone use a lubricant that has an applicator? I would prefer to find one that is homeopathic or all natural ingredients.
Unread 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM

Ladies, please speak to your doctor. You might be needing some vaginal estrogen to keep the tissues soft and moist. Lubricant may not be enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2011, 11:53 PM

Thank you. I will be contacting my doctor about this increase in vaginal dryness tomorrow. I had breast cancer with bilateral mastectomy so my doctor and I agreed I was not to have estrogen replacement therapy.

Perhaps he will recommend a vaginal estrogen cream although I am interested in hearing what has worked for others alternatively.
Unread 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM

olive oil is something u can try. its natural and safe to use.
Unread 06-15-2011, 07:57 AM

Sorry to hear that you ladies are having prolems with vaginal dryness. Are you using any kind of HRT? For me I had uterus,cervix and both overies out so am using vivelle patch and have no problems with dryness. I have read post of women on here recommending Replens. It is over the counter and I have seen it at Walmart. you might check with your Dr. make sure it is okay to use. Hope you ladies are healing well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register