Emotional preparation . . .freaking out - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotional preparation . . .freaking out Emotional preparation . . .freaking out

Unread 05-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Emotional preparation . . .freaking out

The "to do" list I had made for myself was a bit extreme and included such things as "changing the deckboards on the deck"! Things that really could wait and had no urgency. Last week my housekeeper had a car accident and will not be here to help me with the house while I"m down. That actually made me feel panic! Gee - what do I think is going to happen to my house....will it fall down if it gets a little dirty? I hope she'll be fine and back on her feet soon even if it is a while before I see her again.

Lynette - Your posting was wonderful and prayer helped me to feel the same peacefull "all will be fine" feeling you are talking about. I hope all out there worrying will feel the peace by saying a prayer and having faith that all will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2007, 11:25 AM

DOUBLE AMEN to the above replies!!!!! Tomorrow is the big day. GOD IS IN CONTROL
Unread 05-28-2007, 11:32 AM

kimmy61,

will be thinking of you, i go for preop testing tomorrow and next weds is my BIG day.
Few things left to do so I can create peace with the surgery but overall I am starting to adjust.
I wish you the quickest and painfree surgery possible.

L.
Unread 05-28-2007, 11:51 AM

kimmy-
Good luck tomorrow. Everything will go great and you will feel so much better!!
I am 2 weeks post-op and feel really good. I get a little tired more easily and have funky dreams, but overall everything is good.
You will find that the waiting is the worst part. There was some pain the first day, so make sure you keep on top of it and use your pca button or pain meds regularly. After the first day I would describe everything as discomfort, not really pain. Another word of advice - rest and drink fluids. I had a hard time reading much, but mindless tv and chick flicks were good. Take the time for yourself, you deserve it!
I will think about you tomorrow and look forward to reading your post-op reports!! Here's to your new period free life!!
Chris
Unread 05-28-2007, 01:56 PM

Wednesday the 30th is the big day and today I could just scream. I feel like every noise sounds ten times louder than what it really is.I have been eating all day just to eat. Everything is annoying me.I have two boys 3 and 8 and they are driving me crazy. My DH does not know what to do because nothing is satisfying me today. Well I needed to vent, now I am on my way to pick up the wonderful (flush your system drink) for tomorrow. Well two more days and hopefully theses feelings of wanting to hide in a corner and be left alone will go away. sorry for being witchy just the mood I am in I can't even stand myself right now LOL
Unread 05-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Perfectly Understandable

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredandonly30
Wednesday the 30th is the big day and today I could just scream. I feel like every noise sounds ten times louder than what it really is.I have been eating all day just to eat. Everything is annoying me.I have two boys 3 and 8 and they are driving me crazy. My DH does not know what to do because nothing is satisfying me today. Well I needed to vent, now I am on my way to pick up the wonderful (flush your system drink) for tomorrow. Well two more days and hopefully theses feelings of wanting to hide in a corner and be left alone will go away. sorry for being witchy just the mood I am in I can't even stand myself right now LOL
We all seem to have our ups and downs during our progress. I'm sure you are worried about hurting your DH & DSs feelings, but they will manage. Deep down I am sure your DH understands that you are anxious and worried. Maybe taking a walk alone or a nice long warm bath will help calm your nerves.

I know that my surgery is still weeks away and I have already been such a pain towards my DH and DS. Sigh. You will make it through this tough time... just as each of us before you... and each of us after you... including me

Remember, that we are all here for you...
Unread 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredandonly30
See, at times like this we need a sound-proof booth where we can just scream our lungs out!!
Unread 05-28-2007, 07:21 PM

Oliviatoo (Chris) .... can't wait to talk to you on the other side!! THanks for the encouraging words!!! Scaredandonly30 ... you are going to be just fine. Reallyscared... I'll give you a report in a few days. See ya'll in a couple of days! Kimmy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register