Scheduled dVH/RALH BELLY BINDERS-What to do? -Advice Please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

BELLY BINDERS-What to do? -Advice Please BELLY BINDERS-What to do? -Advice Please

Unread 02-01-2012, 11:07 AM
BELLY BINDERS-What to do? -Advice Please

Hello Sisters,
I am wasting too much time while trying to decide which belly binder or swelly belly band ( which one is that ?) to buy for my Da Vinci surgery in less than two weeks. I think the incisions will be higher , not on the bikini area. So I'm not sure about the type of band and sizing. Seems many of them are designed for the lower abdomen. Also I am short -5'0" and short waisted if that might make a difference. If you've had this surgery and success with the bands please help a.s.a.p. so I can get it ordered in time. Please let me know any other hints that might be helpful. Getting nervous.
Thanks so much,
Flip-Flop

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Re: BELLY BINDERS-What to do? -Advice Please

I did get a band and they gave it to me at the hospital. You might want to call your hospital and see if they offer one. They do have different sizes and the nurse will know which ones will work for you. I absolutely love mine and still use it 3 weeks Post op. I don't know what I would have done without it. I am 5'3 and mine is 43"-62". They stretch alot after wearing them all the time. Don't worry! It will all be great!
Unread 02-01-2012, 11:37 PM

I ordered the plain one from the Hystersister store. I'm very short too and that one worked great for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 12:39 AM

Thanks ladies,
That is good to know. i'll call my hospital first to see.
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:56 AM

I just called my hospital and I have to request it before I go in for surgery...ugh!!! I won't even be thinking about that at time of surgery. But I can get a belly band in the hospital
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:50 AM

I bought the Perfect Pocket version from here and used it some. I didn't have lap or da Vinci, but have read from women who have. You can position the band where ever you like.

I don't think there is any consensus. Some love them, others can take them of leave them and some can't stand them. I'm of the take it or leave it crowd. I did like the cold packs and being able to have them held in place.

I think that having one and not using it is better than not having one and wanting it. When you check with the hospital, see what kind of abdominal binder they provide, if they do. Some of them can be quite large and not at all what you are expecting.

Good Luck!
Unread 02-13-2012, 12:25 AM
BELLY BINDERS-What to do? -Advice Please

Hi ladies!
I'm 9.5 weeks out from my TLH (2 incisions on my hip line & 1 in my belly botton) and I lived in my belly binder for the first two weeks. It was a huge help when standing up, sitting down, walking, (you will get up and pee a lot if you drink fluids like you are supposed to) and riding in the car. If you are a side sleeper, like I am, you want this product! I was able to sleep on my side my very first night I was home. It was the only way I could sleep. I am not a back sleeper. I also used a king sized pillow between my knees for added comfort and to help support my belly beneath the binder.
Best of luck with your surgeries. :-)
~Megs
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM

I had the DaVinci on 2/1. I did not use a belly binder. I did not want anything touching my incisions. Sometimes just my pj's brushing against them was too much. I did use ice packs. Those were wonderful!! Really helped. I kept them in place by positioning my blanket like a sling around my lower abdomen. I didn't have the falling out feeling that some of the ladies on here have felt. To sleep on my side I used a small pillow to wedge between my belly & the bed. I felt that was enough support for me. This is just for me though. You might love one!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register