Still spotting after 4 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still spotting after 4 weeks Still spotting after 4 weeks

Unread 07-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Still spotting after 4 weeks

I am not sure if I should still be spotting at this point. I am starting to do more, but I really can't day that I am overdoing it. I can't just sit on the couch and watch TV or read, so I do some cleaning and other house tasks. The spotting varies from day to day - sp0metimes pink, othertimes a brown color. I had a check up with the doctor a week ago and he said it was ok. My internal stitches still have not dissolved and oassed. Is there more bleeding with a TVH versus a TAH? Hiow long will this last. I am so tired of the pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2006, 08:34 AM

holgate,

I know when I did too much is when I would spot. Especially when I would lift up things or carry too much. Its harder to STOP doing that the more post op we are because we forget. For instance, I am over 4 weeks post op, and carried in multi sacks of groceries yesterday, I had cramping last night. Once I did that, I thought OH, I should NOT have carried that many bags at one time. I remembered NOT to do that more so right after surgery then I do now.
What specific things are you doing?
I know its hard to be a month out and not do more, however everyone heals differently and some of us sisters need to keep in mind that a month out isnt that much time for the surgery we have been through. I went to Sears and was trying out a Precor exercise machine 3 weeks out and spotted for a few hours afterwards... my doctor also said is was normal as long as it wasnt bright red blood.

I hear ya on the pads though... who wants to wear THOSE anymore... we sure dont!!!!

Take care of YOU and please continue to take it easy....

Hugs,
lisa
Unread 07-02-2006, 08:45 AM

Well, we are having a graduation party for my daughter on Saturday, so I am getting things ready. I am touch up painting, getting party stuff out, clean up, etc. I am bending over more than I should. Not carrying things that are too heavy. I feel like I need to do some work since everyone else is pitching in.

A week ago the doctor said I was healing normally. He saiud I could even get on my eliptical and start working out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2006, 08:52 AM

Well I do know that painting is huge exercise in itself... might be all that bending over and stretching your legs and stuff. Remember that anytime we do any of that we are using our abdomonal muscles.

Wow, that is something... my doctor said no eliptical and major exercise like that until my 6 weeks checkup because come woman take longer for their internal incision to heal properly and that doing that although you feel okay, could strain the insides and you may not know it until there is a complication. She suggested that I start walking and increase with that weekly with more power walks...

I would say back off doing some of that and take it easy and see if the spotting stops. Mine did when I stopped doing what I was doing....

Or, suggestion instead of bending over, if you have to do something sit down on the ground for a bit.. or have someone lift the stuff on the couch and you sit and do what you need too. I know its hard.... but might be worth a try a couple of days to see if your spotting will stop.

Lisa
Unread 07-02-2006, 09:10 AM

My doctor said I could "spot" for up to 6-8 weeks.
Unread 07-02-2006, 11:43 AM

Scrapaddict
Did you have a TVH? I am not sure if the vaginal groups spots more than the abdominal group.

I plan to relax a little the next few days. Hope that helps. Thanks
Unread 07-02-2006, 01:28 PM

I spot/bleed/discharge for 8 1/2 weeks. My Dr. removed my vaginal cuff stitches at 7 weeks due to continual bleeding...wanted to speed the healing process up, and said the sutures where irritating the area. We all differ on how much we do or do not bleed/spot.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register