Is "something" falling out? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is "something" falling out? Is "something" falling out?

Unread 08-12-2006, 11:44 AM
I can relate

I've been having that feeling ever since I began spotting yesterday morning. I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op, SAH w/BSO and had no bleeding or spotting whatsoever until yesterday. I also have a lot of pressure in my vagina, similar to they way I often felt if I was having a heavy period. My doctor is away until Monday and the doctor on call suggested that I get off my feet for a while. I'm curious to hear what my doctor has to say on Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Is "something" falling out?

My swelling didn't go away until around 4 1/2 weeks, but once it left I've felt so good. Still wear out very easily. I've had the feeling like my bladder was dropping, after going first thing in the morning there is pressure and then a dull ache for just a few minutes...afterwhich I'm fine. Anyone else have similar sensations?
Unread 08-12-2006, 11:54 AM

I am so glad to find out that I am not alone. I called my doctor's office yesterday because it feels as if I have a tampon in sideways when there is nothing there. I had everything taken out as well as posterior and anterior repair. My main concern is a breakdown in one of the repairs. My doctor's office simply told me to slow it down and to sit with my feel up a little more. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2006, 07:55 PM

I too have had the same experience- I am almost 5 weeks post op-just went to the dr this week and he said I still have some healing to do. he releases me to do whatever, except sex. Today I went shopping and pushed a shopping cart around the store. I am paying for that with that "heavy feeling" down there and achy. lower back.
Unread 08-12-2006, 08:33 PM

I am nearly two years post op but still remember those early feelings well. They came after being on my feet too much. I assume it was swelling. My hyst was in November and less than two weeks later I set off on an afternoon of Christmas shopping. Big mistake...I felt it all...something falling out, stuck tampon feeling, heaviness and back pain!! (In fact those feelings were what brought me to the Hystersister site to begin with.) Any time I overdid, one or all the feelings would return. As soon as I would rest they would go away. The stuck tampon feeling lasted a little longer, so at about three months post op I talked to my doctor and she wanted to check for prolapse. I was fine, but when I researched it here, some ladies did have problems with prolapse after feeling that way. (I actually did a search on "stuck tampon feeling" and found a bunch of info here). My advice is to check with your doctor...always best to be safe. Be sure to continue to take extra good care of yourself. I know how hard it is to "sit still" ...we are the care takers, but your miraculous body is telling you to take care of yourself now!
Hugs and best wishes as you grow stronger everyday,
PJ
Unread 08-12-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishEyes67
My swelling didn't go away until around 4 1/2 weeks, but once it left I've felt so good. Still wear out very easily. I've had the feeling like my bladder was dropping, after going first thing in the morning there is pressure and then a dull ache for just a few minutes...afterwhich I'm fine. Anyone else have similar sensations?
IrishEyes67:
I had the same bladder aches, voiding issues, overall bladder awareness and sensations i never had before. in my case, it took some time but eventually mostly went away. figure it must be part of the healing. still have issues getting "started" when i have to go to the bathroom. sometimes sit for 30 seconds or so... i'm hoping that gets better too. main thing, probably we all need patience... most docs don't tell us to be aware of these things so we all end up worrying about it. this hystersister site is a huge help.
Unread 08-13-2006, 05:22 PM

PJ- you were right, after resting last night i do feel better today. I am sure it was just being on my feet too long yesterday. unfortunaltly I have to go back to school tom (1st grade teacher) and I am a little worried. When does it go away?
Unread 08-13-2006, 09:30 PM

hawaii37:

I'm feeling more throbing in my bladder, more often and for longer periods of time. I'm thinking I need to call the Dr. tomorrow. I took some Advil, which seems to help. I don't have any other symptoms, and I've had bladder infections in the past, this doesn't feel like one. So I'm at a loss. Thanks for you input. I appreciate it.
Unread 08-13-2006, 10:04 PM

I am so glad to have read all of these posts. I have all the same issues and never thought it might be that I am doing too much, duh! I just want to be normal again. I guess I have to return to my belief that if I heal now, I won't have to live with the pain forever. Just glad to hear similar concerns!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register