TVH... UTI... Now Gall Bladder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH... UTI... Now Gall Bladder? TVH... UTI... Now Gall Bladder?

Unread 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
TVH... UTI... Now Gall Bladder?

I had my TVH on 02/05 and about 10 days post-op started having painful urination. I was admitted back to the hospital on 02/18 and was d/c on 02/21 after experiencing the abdominal pain like no other. The ER originally diagnosed me with having a small bowel blockage after having an X-ray of my tummy. However after having a NG tube placed while I was awake and going for a CT with IV contrast... Nothing was seen So I received 4 bags of Cipro for my UTI, IV fluids for dehydration due to and diarrhea during the abdominal pain and distention; Only to be told that the bacteria that grew wasn't treatable with Cipro so they changed me to oral Augmentin. After 2 doses, I began having severe diarrhea 10-15 times a day but they still d/c'd me from the hospital I followed my discharge instructions and continued the antibiotics but was so weak by day 2 that I stopped. However when I was slowly returning back to a normal diet, my tummy began to swell everytime I ate or drank anything. I had to use a pillow to support it like I was preggo. I had an appt with my PCP today and she thinks it is my gall bladder. I am beginning to think the same because when I think back that is not the 1st time I have had those symptoms but I just paid more attention to them because they were so acute. The last thing I remember eating before it started was a jumbo cone of triple chocolate ice cream

Has anyone else had gall bladder issues before or after their hysterectomy? I am starting to feel like a walking problem to my family and friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM

((Darkcoco126))

I am so sorry you have had such a rough time!

Is your PCP going to be running some tests to see if your gall bladder is the culprit for all of your symptoms?

Unfortunately, some of us do end up with a lot of health issues following our hysterectomy. Not what we plan for, that is for sure!

I hope you are feeling better today and wish you well!
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:44 AM

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I'm so sorry you have had such a terrible time. I do hope your Dr finds some answers for you.

HUGE hugs to you and I hope you feel better very soon
Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry you are going thru this. I had my gall bladder removed in 04'. Dairy, like ice cream is a trigger food as well as fat. Like in hamburger, pepperoni, etc. My attacks would last 6-8 hours non stop, horrible horrible pain. So my advise is, until they know for sure if it's your gall bladder avoid the trigger foods. You can even google them. To have a major attack while dealing with hyster recovery would be aweful. My surgery was laproscopicly and recovery was 2 weeks. Good luck to you ((Hugs))
Unread 03-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Thanks Ladies!

I had a ultrasound of my gallbladder & surrounding organs and an upper GI series last Thursday. All they could tell me was they did not see any problems with my gallbladder and I have a mild case of reflux. I find it hard to believe that was the issue. Spinette, u hit the nail on the head- The night before I had a jumbo cone of Triple Chocolate Ice Cream and I was in pain for 11 hours- so I read the food triggers and chocolate, dairy, and ice cream were at the top of the list. I am feeling a little better but I will not touch ice cream. The other stuff doesn't seem to bother me. So we will see. Thank You so much ladies for ur support. I will keep you posted. I am scheduled to go back to work on 3/23 so I need to stay healthy
Unread 03-12-2009, 05:43 PM

When my brother came to visit me at the hospital, he asked me if I had endo on my gall bladder. He knows a couple of women who ended up having their gall bladder removed shortly after their hysterectomies to deal with endo. Best of luck to you. Hope you find the answer to your own situation.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register